Press release from Explore Asheville Convention & Visitors Bureau:
WHAT: The monthly joint meeting of the Buncombe County Tourism Development Authority, Public Authority, and Buncombe County Tourism Development Authority, Nonprofit Corporation.
WHEN: Wednesday, February 24, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
WHERE: Due to state and local public health orders and to keep everyone safe and healthy, this meeting will be held via Zoom Webinar.
- All attendees (media and public) must register to gain access to this virtual meeting. This is the case even on meeting day, when the event is already in progress. Reporters may wish to register ahead of time, even if you are unsure whether you will be able to attend. REGISTER HERE: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_T9TzgDUNRY6J0hseij_wUg
- As always, the agenda is posted on AshevilleCVB.com. Other board meeting documents will be added prior to, or just after, the meeting. FIND THE AGENDA & OTHER MEETING DOCUMENTS HERE: https://www.ashevillecvb.com/event/bctda-board-meeting-february-2021/
PUBLIC COMMENT: The Buncombe County TDA invites comments from the general public via the following ways:
- EMAIL: The public may submit comments via email sent to Reply@ExploreAsheville.com. All public comments must be received by 4 p.m. on Tuesday, February 23, 2021. Commenters should provide their full name and organization (if applicable) and put “Public Comment” in the subject line. Brevity is appreciated. Comments received by the deadline will be provided to the board prior to the start of the meeting and will not be read publicly.
- LIVE, via Zoom (new this month): The board will also accommodate a number of live public comments during the virtual meeting as time allows on the agenda. All requests for live public comments must be received by 12 noon on Tuesday, February 23, 2021, and follow all processes and protocols as detailed in the Processes & Protocols for Public Comments and Rules of Decorum HERE: https://www.ashevillecvb.com/processes-protocols-for-public-comments-at-buncombe-county-tda-virtual-meetings/
- GENERAL QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC: Email Jonna Sampson, Executive Operations Manager — jsampson@ExploreAsheville.com.
NEXT MEETING: The next joint BCTDA gathering will be the board’s annual planning retreat and March meeting, to be held Thursday-Friday, March 25-26, 2021, beginning at 8:30 a.m., via Zoom Webinar. Details will be posted HERE: https://www.ashevillecvb.com/event/2021-bctda-annual-planning-retreat-march-board-meeting/