Press release from 55 South Market:
WHAT AND WHERE
A unique artistic creation to be “installed” on the exterior wall of 55 South Market Condominiums in Asheville, NC. Concrete wall space 14ft wide by 6ft tall, 2 inches deep on Beaumont St side.
ATTRACTIVE, CREATIVE, UPLIFTING, “LOCAL,” HISTORICAL, FORWARD LOOKING, PEOPLE
• September 18, 2018: RFP submitted
• October 1, 2018: 5-7 artists selected and awarded $500 each
• October / November 2018: “Meet The Artists” reception
• November 15, 2018: 5-7 artists make short written submission
• December 1, 2018: 1 artist selected – awarded $1000
• March 1, 2019: Artwork completed and ready for “installation,” artist awarded $9000
Request for proposal application can be found here.
Before you comment
The comments section is here to provide a platform for civil dialogue on the issues we face together as a local community. Xpress is committed to offering this platform for all voices, but when the tone of the discussion gets nasty or strays off topic, we believe many people choose not to participate. Xpress editors are determined to moderate comments to ensure a constructive interchange is maintained. All comments judged not to be in keeping with the spirit of civil discourse will be removed and repeat violators will be banned. See here for our terms of service. Thank you for being part of this effort to promote respectful discussion.