Press release from Madison County Community and Economic Development Department:
The Madison County Economic Development Board is excited to announce that it is seeking an artist to design and develop a permanent piece of artwork for the Madison Manufacturing Public Art Park, which is located on the Dr. Otis T. Duck Greenway in Mars Hill, NC. Artists and/or collaborations are encouraged to submit proposals.
The Madison County Economic Development Board feels that manufacturers are important members of the community and should be celebrated as such. This innovative program seeks to build community, celebrate heritage, and recognize the arts by honoring local manufacturing entities through sculpture pieces.
The winning artists will be challenged to create a piece that does one of three things:
• Create a sculpture that is inspired by the product the identified industry produces.
• Create a sculpture that is inspired by the people who work within the industry.
• Create a sculpture using recycled materials from the industry.
The total amount to be paid to the artist is $8,000, which is inclusive of the research, proposal, fabrication, materials, travel, accommodations, any other costs incurred by the artist and the final product.
Required Materials for Submission:
• Letter of Intent – Clearly describe your interest in this project and how you can contribute to its success.
• Visual Materials – Past work samples – Artists may submit up to ten (10) images and a brief description of each image, including title and medium.
• Resume or CV – A resume or CV including all relevant education and professional experience, including past commissions and budgets.
• Mailing address, email address, and phone number.
**Minority and Women Business Enterprise (M/WBE) Documentation click here
• A rendering of the proposed work with approximate dimensions.
• Description of materials that will be used.
• References – Names and contact information of two professional references. Letters of recommendation are not required.
For more information, see attachment or visit: https://investinmadison.com/Madison%20Manufacturing%20Art%20Park%20Sculpture%20Program