Press release from Spectrum:
In conjunction with Spectrum, the history and literary life of the City of Asheville will be featured on BookTV (on C-SPAN2) and American History TV (on C-SPAN3) with a special preview taking place Thursday, April 19, at the Asheville Chamber and Visitor Center, located at 36 Montford Avenue in Asheville, from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The C-SPAN Cities Tour producers recently visited various literary and historic sites in Asheville, and interviewed local historians and nonfiction authors to tape the specials. The programs will air on CSPAN’s nonfiction book channel BookTV (Spectrum channel 226) and history channel American History TV (Spectrum channel 227) during the weekend of April 21-22.
- Interview with State Senator Terry Van Duyn
- Biltmore Estate
- Hood Huggers Tours
- Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove
- History of the Grove Park Inn
- Warren Wilson College Mountain Music Collection
- Thomas Wolfe Memorial State Historic Site
- Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site
- F. Scott Fitzgerald and the Grove Park Inn
- Denise Kiernan, “The Girls of Atomic City: The Untold Story of the Women Who Helped Win World War II”
- Bill Alexander, “The Biltmore Estate: Gardens and Grounds”
C-SPAN 2018 Cities Tour takes Book TV and American History TV on the road. BookTV (Spectrum channel 226, C-SPAN2) and American History TV (Spectrum channel 227, C-SPAN3) are featuring the literary life and history of selected cities during special weekends on the public affairs network.