Press release from City of Hendersonville:
The City of Hendersonville, in partnership with the American Water Works Association, is hosting an art contest as part of Drinking Water Week taking place May 3 – 9, 2020. The purpose of Drinking Water Week is to celebrate the essential role water plays in our daily lives. The City will host an art contest open to all ages with the goal of education and promotion around drinking water.
This year’s theme is “There when you need it.” The public is encouraged to submit artwork depicting the importance of water and what clean drinking water means to them.
Art Contest Details:
- Submissions should fit onto an 8.5×11 piece of paper and can include any medium (paint, crayons, colored pencils, collage, etc).
- Artwork should celebrate the importance of water and what clean drinking water means to them.
- Hendersonville / Henderson County artists of any age are invited to participate.
- The City of Hendersonville will accept submissions online at www.hendersonvillenc.gov/news/drinking-water-week from March 30, 2020 to April 24, 2020.
- Participants are directed to take a photo of their artwork or scan a copy and include it as an attachment to the online form for digital submission. It is recommended participants retain the original artwork in the event they are selected as a winner.
- Winner or winners will be announced during Drinking Water Week with the artwork being featured on the City’s website and social media.
Deadline for submission: April 24, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Visit www.hendersonvillenc.gov/news/drinking-water-week for more information and to submit your artwork!