Press release from Diamond Brand Gear:
Standard for the company’s practice of coloring outside the lines, Diamond Brand Gear announces its coming job fair will allow interested candidates to literally try their hand at the job before applying. Happening Saturday, June 19, from 12-4 p.m. at the company’s factory at 145 Cane Creek Industrial Park Road in Fletcher, NC, the event will allow job seekers to understand the unique crafts the company has worked to preserve in Western North Carolina.Craftsperson candidates will get to see firsthand what it is like to work with industrial sewing machines and experience the brand’s intentional approach to manufacturing through interactive and education events:
- Hands-on sewing demonstrations where everyone is welcome to make their own gear to take home.
- Factory tours and product demonstrations to learn more about what Diamond Brand crafts, from canvas wall tents to upcycled bags.
- Staff meet-and-greets to answer questions about the company, its products, and more.
- Onsite interviews for those with a passion for craft who would like to apply, no sewing experience required.
- Branded gifts for those who visit all the stations and apply for a craftsperson position.The festivities will begin on the Diamond Brand Gear factory lawn where 12 Bones Smokehouse will provide catering before staggered group tours begin for those interested. There will also be family-friendly activities, including a ping-pong tournament, wall tent setup contest, and a supervised bouncy house for children, with more activities to be announced.