Press release from United Community Bank:
TRIAD Henderson County, United Community Bank (UCB), the Henderson County Sheriff’s Office, Hope Rx will offer FREE Document Shred and Drug Take Back Days on Friday, Sept. 14 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the United Community Bank, Etowah, NC.
A shred truck sponsored by UCB will be on site to provide free document shredding (past tax records, bank records, medical documents, etc.) for residential shred only to residents of Henderson County. The event will also have a Drug Take Back (outdated and unwanted prescription and over the counter drugs) component supported by the Henderson County Sheriff’s Office and Hope Rx of Henderson County. The day’s mission is to help the community better protect themselves from scams, frauds, identity theft, abuse and theft.
Shred Information / What to Shred:
• Expired credit and debit cards • Unused credit card checks
• Credit card statements • Pre-approved credit card offers and applications
• Checking and savings account statements • Canceled checks
• Investment account statements • Wage and earnings statements
• Phone and utility bills • Tax returns and statements
• Medical bills • Insurance claim information
• Insurance policy information (auto, health, life)
• Expired identification documents (driver’s licenses and passports)
Drug Disposal Information: The Henderson County Sheriff’s Office provides citizens with a free, environmentally safe, and convenient way to dispose of medications from their homes, reducing the possibility of accidental or intentional misuse and/or theft. We accept prescription pills, capsules, ointments, vitamins, liquids in their original containers, inhalers & patches. We cannot accept chemotherapy medications & sharps/needles/Epi-pens.
The Sheriff’s Office provides a permanent drug collection drop box in their lobby located at 100 North Grove Street in Hendersonville. It is accessible every Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Check in at the front desk for instructions.
For more information, contact Curt Crowhurst at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-400-4541.