Press release from Land & Lore Ecotours:
1st Annual Nature Festival in Asheville brings Wildlife and Nonprofits into the Spotlight
Asheville, NC, September 13, 2017: With the unique animal and plant life in the Appalachians and people moving to Asheville to enjoy it, local businesses feel it is time to celebrate nature! On September 30th, 3:00 pm-7:00 pm, Land & Lore Ecotours and the Bywater are sponsoring the 1st Annual Nature Festival in Asheville. This event is open to the public and completely free, no Bywater membership required. Kid-friendly and dog-friendly, the festival flaunts all kinds of nature-inspired activities, including:
- Interaction with wildlife: birds of prey, amphibians, reptiles, and ducks
- Kid’s interactive booth and kid’s nature scavenger hunt at 4:00 pm
- Craft vendors and animal-inspired face painting
- Free nature and history tours, led by Dr. Jennifer Gruhn at the Bywater
- Outdoor yoga and inspiring guest speakers discussing the Appalachians
- Raffle tickets and a live auction for private tours on lands of the Southern Appalachians Highlands Conservancy, the Blue Ridge Parkway and Pisgah National Forest.
- Live music, food and drinks, in a laid-back environment with outdoor seating along the French Broad River
“As an ecotourism business, Land & Lore Ecotours aims to provide community events that engage the public with our natural world,” says Jennifer Gruhn, owner of Land & Lore Ecotours. “The 1st Annual Nature Festival in Asheville will spotlight not only native wildlife but also local, environmental nonprofits! This year, we are highlighting Wild for Life, a wildlife rehabilitation group, and the Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy, a land conservancy protecting cherished ecosystems and popular hiking areas.”
Event date and location: September 30th, 3:00-7:00 pm at The Bywater, located at 796 Riverside Drive, Asheville, NC 28801. Bring a chair to ensure festival seating. For more information about the festival, please visit the Facebook event link HERE, or contact Jennifer Gruhn at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the event sponsors, visit www.landandloreecotours.com and www.bywater.bar.