Press release from Montford Park Players:
Montford Park Players, an Asheville theatrical tradition, is thrilled to announce the directors for their 2019 Season. As Montford Park Players branches out to include classically-inspired works along with the Shakespeare the community is accustomed to seeing on the Hazel Robinson Amphitheatre stage, the hiring of seasoned and knowledgeable directors is imperative. However, the Board of Directors has done an amazing job finding those people right here in the community. Their love of the material, expert eyes and pride in doing the difficult work will have MPP delivering the quality shows that made 2018 the biggest season in its history. Montford Park Players aims to raise the bar even higher this year with the following offerings.
· MAY 3-25 – Shakespeare in Love, based on the screenplay by Marc Norman and Tom Stoppard and adapted for the stage by Lee Hall, with music by Paddy Cunneen. Directed by Julie Richardson.
· MAY 31-JUNE 22 – Henry IV, Part 1, by William Shakespeare. Directed by Mary Dillon.
· JUNE 28-JULY 27 – Robin Hood: Quest for Justice, by Jeff Messer & Robert Akers. Directed by Michael Lilly. (A World Premiere!)
· AUGUST 2-24 – Romeo and Juliet, by William Shakespeare. Directed by Mandy Bean.
· AUGUST 30-SEPTEMBER 14 – A Winter’s Tale, by William Shakespeare. Directed by Scott Keel.
· SEPTEMBER 20- OCTOBER 5 – 16 Years Tried, by Travis Lowe. Directed by John P. Mendenhall (A World Premiere!)
· DECEMBER – A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens. (dates and director to be announced)
Montford Park Players, has been presenting Shakespeare and other classical works to the Asheville community since 1973, and has since grown to be one of Western North Carolina’s most beloved and well-known cultural attractions.
For more information, go to montfordparkplayers.org, or call at (828) 254-5146.