The fifth annual Music Video Asheville is accepting submissions now through Friday, April 6.
The submission guidelines are:
1. Video or film must focus on at least one musical artist currently residing in Buncombe County and must contain at least one song by the artist.
2. Song(s) in the piece must be original
The music video event is scheduled for Wednesday, May 9 at Cinebarre (behind Biltmore Square Mall, 800 Brevard Road). Networking Party at 7 p.m., screening from 8-10 p.m. and awards at 10:30 p.m. Tickets are $8 in advance, $10 day of show, $35 VIP.
According to a press release, “To celebrate the fifth anniversary of one of Asheville’s favorite music events, the MVA crew is rolling out the red carpet…literally. This year, Music Video Asheville strongly suggests ‘Grammy style’ attire (with Asheville flair, of course) and is offering a VIP package that can’t be resisted. Pre-show cocktail hour will take place in the lobby from 7-10 complete with limo rides, red carpet and numerous photo ops.”
3. There is a $15 submission fee for each video submitted, each individual submission must be under 10 minutes long. Please make your check out to Lush Life Productions. Mail to: PO Box 17356 Asheville, NC 28816 or drop off at Harvest Records. All submission must include the filled out submission form and $15 submission fee. Complete guidelines and form can be found at musicvideoasheville.com.
Acceptable formats are:
1. Best option – send an Apple Pro Res compressed Quicktime at either 1920×1080 or 1280×720
2. Next best option – H.264 Quicktime compression with the highest resolution possible.
Files should be submitted digitally on thumb drive or something similar and be files should be 23.98 FPS
1. Crowd Favorite Award – At the event, the audience will vote for their favorite video, and the winning artists will receive a $500 cash prize as well as a coveted/quarky MVA trophy. MVA will also acknowledge a crowd favorite runner up this year.
2. Best of Music Video Asheville 2011- MVA is proud to be offering a the BEST OF MVA Award selected by a jury of film and music industry people. The winner will receive a free day of studio time at Echo Mountain Recording.