RiverLink announces RiverMusic 2014
The first two years of RiverMusic brought thousands of smiling faces to the French Broad River toenjoy its splendor, and RiverLink will host five nights – plus a full Saturday of fun at RiverFest — of live music this summer. As in past years, there will be live music from established and up-and-coming acts, foodtrucks, local beer, and more!
Each night will feature a different line-up of beer from two local breweries. So far, Sierra Nevada, New Belgium, Catawba and Oskar Blues have all signed on to provide tasty brews on varying nights. Foodtrucks will include The Gypsy Queen, The Lowdown, El Kim Chi, and more!
The 2014 lineup is better than ever:
• Friday, May 30 – Funk/Soul/Afrobeat night with headliner Orgone and, all the way from Brooklyn, New York, Emefe.
• Friday, June 13 – It’s Americana/Roots night with the UK’s Treetop Flyers and the River Whyless.
• Friday, July 11 – Bluegrass night with headliners The Billy Sea and opening act Grammy Award winning artist River Guerguerian who will appear with the Jeff Sipe Global Percussion Ensemble, Robert Mangum and Parrish Ellis.
• Saturday, August 9 – RiverFest features Soldier’s Heart, Ashley Heath and Plankeye Peggy.
• Friday, August 29 – Classic Rock and Blues hit the stage with Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee and member of Lynard Skynard, The Artimus Pyle Band. Opening act is Andrew Scotchie and the River Rats (they played RiverFest about three years ago and were quite good – very young then).
• And finally on Sept. 12, we wrap it all up with another great bluegrass evening featuring Fruition and The Fireside Collective.
Attendees are encouraged to leave their cars at home and get to the concerts via alternative modes of transportation. There will be facilities for locking up bikes. There is also a paddle-up option. RiverLink added a canoe access point to the Sculpture Plaza last year so paddlers can easily float to the concerts. Sundance Power has signed on again to power our musical event, and Heira Productions arranged the performers again this year.