Meet artists, watch (and take part in) demos and visit food trucks at the first building-wide art stroll at Riverview Station. The event takes place on Saturday, June 13, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Press release from event organizers:
This June 13th from 10-5 the Riverview Station artists invite you to the first building wide Arts Adventure. Stroll through Riverview Station and meet more than 70 artists working in over 15 mediums in studios throughout the building. Enjoy Hands-on demos, workshops, refreshments and food truck–discover that new favorite creative treasure you’ve been searching for in beautiful Asheville! With such a diverse group of artists and art forms, you are sure to find something that inspires you and your love of art. See painting, pottery, jewelry, photography, mosaics, mixed media, sculpture, home décor and much more.
Find time to get your hands into art too, we will have special demos, and hands on opportunities all day! Some of the fun includes:
• Grab a Brush and Paint, all ages, a free hands on experience with the 310 ARTists, north end ground floor. 12-2
• Also at 310 ART: “Splash, Scrape and Sand – Experimental Watercolors Demo 11-1:30
• “Painting With Beer – It’s Asheville” 2:30-3:30
• No More Loosey Goosey Watercolor Workshop!! Starts June 13th with Lorelle Bacon. Sign up at www.310art.com
• Watch a live Painting Performance by Jonas Gerard in studio #144 at 2pm.
• At studio #180 in the afternoon, The Village Potters is hosting “Get Your Hands Dirty! This is a great chance to try out clay, in a free fun hands on experience.
• See something different at 310 ART in the afternoon as artists paint with Wax from 2:30-4:30.
• Sheri Howe at studio #231 will be offering all day drop in Make A Mini Mixed Media Collage with Mixed Media Collage demos at 11 and 2.
• With Jen Aly Designs, Studio #212 you will find ongoing demos & talks on “Gemstone Meanings, Wire-wrapping, and Hammering”. And, if you wish, sign up for a class: Wire-wrap Your Own Gemstone Pendant. Learn about various tools, materials, and make a gemstone pendant. 11:00-11:30 am and 3:00-3:30 pm.
Riverview Station is at the Southern entrance to the River Arts District, just minutes from Biltmore Village. 191 Lyman Street, Asheville, NC 28801. We have ample parking and welcome you to join us.