Sprinkler system extinguishes Caledonia Road fire

From the Asheville Fire Department:

On February 25, 2013 at around 11:00 p.m. the Asheville Fire Department was dispatched to 60 Caledonia Rd. in response to a fire alarm activation. In route, the call was upgraded to a possible structure fire due to the report of an activated sprinkler system. Crews arrived on the scene of the apartment complex and reported that a mattress, which had been on fire, was now extinguished thanks to the activation of the sprinkler system within apartment 409. The apparent accidental fire originated in the bedroom at the mattress and was also extinguished in the same location minimizing any further smoke or fire damage. There were no reported injuries to civilians or firefighters. Statistics show that the installation of both smoke alarms and a fire sprinkler system reduces the risk of death in a home fire by 82% and lessens fire damage.


Before you comment

The comments section is here to provide a platform for civil dialogue on the issues we face together as a local community. Xpress is committed to offering this platform for all voices, but when the tone of the discussion gets nasty or strays off topic, we believe many people choose not to participate. Xpress editors are determined to moderate comments to ensure a constructive interchange is maintained. All comments judged not to be in keeping with the spirit of civil discourse will be removed and repeat violators will be banned. See here for our terms of service. Thank you for being part of this effort to promote respectful discussion.

Leave a Reply

To leave a reply you may Login with your Mountain Xpress account, connect socially or enter your name and e-mail. Your e-mail address will not be published. All fields are required.