Press release from Transition Asheville:
Transition Asheville’s April gathering takes place on Monday, April 15, from 6-9 p.m. at The Block off Biltmore. This World Café will feature various tables with different themes so that participants can consider and discuss local responses to concerns around climate change, clean energy, food resilience, transportation, economic alternatives, and community building.
Because of limited space, it will be helpful to let us know you plan to attend by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Potential discussion questions include:
1. What can individuals and organizations do to prepare for and adapt to climate change impacts in WNC?
2. How can individuals and organizations we’re part of help Asheville and Buncombe County reach their clean energy goals?
3. What measures can individuals/organizations take to assure more than a 3-day supply of food in WNC?
4. How can individuals/organizations help limit our dependence on fossil fuel vehicles in WNC?
5. How can we loosen the hold of capitalism on our lives?
6. What are ways individuals/organizations can contribute to a stronger sense of community in WNC?”