Press release from United Way of Henderson County:
HENDERSONVILLE, NC, August 9, 2018 – United Way of Henderson County is encouraging community members to help local students this fall by donating food items for MANNA’s Packs for Kids and school supply items for Henderson County Public Schools’ students. Donations will be collected on Friday, Aug. 17 from 8:00am – noon at all Henderson County Public Schools campuses, as part of the third annual Day of Action sponsored by Pardee/UNC Health Care. Needed school supplies and non-perishable food items are listed below.
- 1” and 2” 3-ring binders
- Marbled cover composition books
- Notebook paper
- Blue and black pens
- Lysol wipes
- Glue sticks
Non-perishable Food Items
- Canned pasta: Spaghetti O’s, ravioli, etc.
- Beans & franks
- Mac & cheese
- Canned items: vegetables, beans Rice
- Dinner mixes: Hamburger Helper
- Cereal/granola bars
- Fruit/applesauce cups
- Jell-O or pudding cups
- Crackers: graham, animal, etc.
- Dried fruit pouches
- Individual-serving cereal
- Beverages: milk (shelf-stable UHT boxes), juice boxes (100% juice only)
During Day of Action, over 500 volunteers will complete half day service projects at 24 local schools. These donations and the work that volunteers will complete at the schools that day will create positive change at each school and throughout our community.