Press release from City of Asheville:
The following are public hearings scheduled for the next formal meeting – December 14. This meeting will be remote. This listing is for information only and is subject to change. Please call City Clerk Maggie Burleson at 259-5601 if you have any questions.
A. Public hearing to consider amendments to the Unified Development Ordinance regarding open space requirements and related amendments. – This public hearing will be continued to January 11, 2022.
B. Public hearing to consider an amendment to Articles II and XVI of the Unified Development Ordinance to update definitions and regulations related to homestays.
C. 99999 Sweeten Creek Road
1. Public hearing to consider the voluntary annexation of 99999 Sweeten Creek Road.
2. Public hearing to zone 99999 Sweeten Creek Road to RS-2 Residential Single-Family Low Density District, and designation on Future Land Use Map to Parks/Open Space.
D. Public hearing to consider an amendment to the Unified Development Ordinance for the purpose of updating standards related to hotel development.
E. Corridor Studies as Amendments to the Asheville In Motion Mobility Plan
1. Corridor Study for Hendersonville Road
2. Corridor Study for Tunnel Road
3. Corridor Study for Biltmore Avenue and McDowell Street
F. Public hearing to consider an amendment to the conditional zoning ordinance adopted on October 9, 2018 (Ordinance No. 4702) located at 511 Brevard Road to remove a restriction on drive-through uses.