Therapeutic Wilderness/Adventure Field Instructor
Trails Momentum is a therapeutic program offering a unique combination of expedition learning and base camp programing to help troubled young adults (18-25) reach their full potential. Our Wilderness Field Instructors play an integral role in this process, mentoring students as they engage in various program elements such as:
- Group backpacking trips in the mountains of Western North Carolina
- Adventure expeditions (rock climbing, canoeing, whitewater rafting, mountain biking, fly fishing, paddleboarding)
- Base Camp (Equine Therapy, Culinary skills, gardening, service learning, college courses)
- Yoga and Mindfulness practice to manage the distractions of every-day life
- Classrooms that reignite a love of learning through hands-on fun
Our Wilderness Field Instructors are trained to support our students through building rapport, maintaining close supervision, creating opportunities for therapeutic growth, and of course, with fun!
WFI work a shift rotation of 15 days with students, followed by 13 days off to relax, travel, and adventure. Option to work half shifts (8on/6off) upon review. Food and sleeping arrangements provided on shift.
Must be 21 y/o or above. Clear background and able to pass drug screen. CPR/1st Aid Certified. Ability to fulfill physical demands of hiking and camping in a backcountry setting. Experience and/or certifications in backcountry leadership, canoeing, rafting, mountain biking, rock climbing, and/or fly fishing or experience working in a wilderness therapy program preferred.
Based out of beautiful DuPont Forest NC.
Staff housing not provided off-shift, staff can live several hours away on shift schedule.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com