Driving Instructor - Land Rover Experience: Biltmore
Summary: The Instructor is responsible for teaching off-road driving lessons offered at the location and ensuring guest safety. Additionally, the Instructor is responsible for vehicle care, equipment care, trail clearing and maintenance. The Instructor is also responsible for fulfilling team-building and group programs. This position reports directly to the Instructor Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teaching, instructing, and fulfilling bookings.
• Maintaining a safe environment for guests and abide by all safety procedures and
protocols set by Client and DriveShop.
• Daily care of vehicles, terrain, and equipment.
• Ensures every Guest’s enjoyment of Land Rover Experience by hosting them to the
Clients standards and encouraging other Instructors to do so.
• Demonstrates vehicle features and benefits relevant to the Guest’s needs and
• Tailors demonstrations and driving activity to Guest’s needs and interests.
• Shows an understanding of how the venue operates and of Land Rover Experience
procedures and standards in place.
• Provides feedback and suggestions for improvement to the Instructor Manager
and/or Location Manager.
• Assists the Lead Instructor/Location Manager with additional tasks as required.
• Actively seeks and pursues opportunities to further own development (e.g.
specialist training to progress further to Senior Instructor level).
• Demonstrate authoritative knowledge of all Land Rover products.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Must be able to respond to direction and critiques from supervisors
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be detail-oriented and committed to accuracy and timeliness.
• Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and effectively problem
solve; ideal candidate should also have demonstrated ability to anticipate and trouble shoot issues.
• Attuned to guest experience needs, and proactively strives to exceed standards.
• Ability to work with other people, team skills, with a positive work attitude.
• Ability to present a professional image in both appearance and demeanor.
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED). Previous off-road driving experience and/or Land Rover background preferred.
Computer Skills: Basic knowledge.
Certificates and Licenses: Valid Driver’s License. CPR and First Aid Certificate by American Red Cross or American Heart Association. (DriveShop will provide CPR and First Aid training if not already completed)
Driving qualifications: Clean Driving Record. Previous off-road driving experience preferred. Completion of Land Rover off-road certification required in the first 6 months.
Language Skills: Ability to read, write and speak English fluently. Read/write instructions. Communicate clearly with coworkers, vendors, customers and management team.
Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org