Friends of the WNC Nature Center seeks Birthday Party Host
Role of the Birthday Party Host: The Birthday Party Host works under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, with additional oversight from the Volunteer and Community Outreach Coordinator. The purpose of the position is to provide assistance to birthday party attendees, and in turn create memorable experiences for those who choose to have their parties at the WNC Nature Center. This is a part-time, non-exempt position.
The Birthday Party Host of the Friends of the WNC Nature Center has two main areas of responsibility:
• Preparing birthday party rooms and cleaning up after parties (50%)
• Providing support to birthday family and attendees during the party (50%)
To apply please email resume and cover letter to Kelly Shanafelt at email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org.
Birthday Prep and Clean Up (50%)
• Birthdays will be held each Saturday and Sunday, 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm. Each party room must be cleaned prior to the reservation, decorated, and set up for that particular party package.
• fter the party, host will be responsible for cleaning up the room. This includes bagging any trash and removing it from the party room, sanitizing surfaces, sweeping, re-decorating, etc. After clean up, the room must be set up for the next party.
Providing Support During Parties (50%)
• During the party, host will provide support to the birthday family and attendees.
• Support includes but is not limited to: Leading games and/or crafts, and/or passing out party favors that families may add to their Party Package, providing basic first aid as needed.
• Providing top notch customer service and representing the WNC Nature Center well.
• Must be able to work without supervision.
• Must have excellent communication skills
• Must enjoy being around and working with children
• Must work well in a fast paced environment
• Must have a positive attitude
• The successful candidate must complete a background check upon hire
• Experience working with children in a formal or informal environment
• CPR/First Aid certified preferred
Salary & How to Apply:
• This position is typically scheduled Saturdays and/or Sundays, 9:00-5:00
• Pay is $13.50/hour
• To apply, send a cover letter and resume as ONE pdf document to email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 on Friday, May 18th. email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org wildwnc.org