Director of Grants & Compliance - Verner Center for Early Learning
Verner is a nonprofit providing high-quality, affordable early care and education to children six weeks to five years old throughout Buncombe County, North Carolina. The organization provides 5-star comprehensive care and education to almost 300 children and their families at three centers and in partnership at the YWCA. As the only Early Head Start provider throughout Buncombe County, services are provided at centers and in the families’ homes.
Central to the Verner philosophy is the belief that children from all income levels and circumstances deserve high-quality early care and education. Over 80% of our families are low-income or below the federal poverty level.
Verner seeks a bright, dynamic, and organized individual to oversee grants and compliance. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Business & Financial services, and has a heavy emphasis on grant writing, compliance, and budget monitoring. This position will supervise the Enrollment Coordinator.
● Works in conjunction with the Vice President of Business & Financial Services, and other specific leadership, to establish the EHS program design and budgets, as well as to ensure that all policies and procedures of the organization meet or exceed HS Program Performance Standards (HSPPS).
● Works with EHS center based and home-based staff to understand the community's needs and the challenges families face and to participate in the development and implementation of goals, standards, objectives, policies and procedures, and budgets, as approved by the Board Of Directors and the Policy Council, to ensure the overall EHS program effectiveness.
● Reviews and is responsible for the fiscal administration of EHS, including the preparation and monitoring of EHS budgets and review of expenditures.
● Collects and uses data to identify program strengths and needs, develops and implements plans that address program needs, and continually evaluates compliance with the HSPPS and progress towards achieving EHS program goals.
● Maintains knowledge of relevant federal, state, and local laws and regulations, communicates updates to administration and staff for planning, training, and monitoring purposes, and proposes adaptations to procedures.
● Conducts Verner-wide grant research, meets with potential foundation representatives, writes and edits grant applications, monitors grant deliverables, and reports outcomes to funders.
● Assumes the lead role in timely completion of Self-Assessment, Community Assessment, EHS Grant Applications, and Program Information Reports.
The Director of Grants & Compliance must have a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a related field, and extensive experience in the administration of federal programs, and fiscal management. Experience working with Head Start or Early Head Start is strongly preferred.
Demonstrated grant writing experience required.
$40,000-$45,000/year plus a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life and AD&D, 403(b) retirement plan, paid holidays, paid time off, free nutritious lunch served on-site daily, and professional development opportunities.
To apply, go to http://www.vernerearlylearning.org/jobs or send resume and cover letter to:
Alyssa Courtoy, Director of Human Resources
Verner is an EEO Employer.