TLC School seeks a K/1 assistant to join our dynamic staff team for the current school year
K/1 Assistant Teacher
Our full-time assistant teacher for the K/1 classroom will inspire children to become life-long learners, leading daily lessons in math while assisting in language arts and science. TLC works with Orton-Gillingham methods for language arts and a hands-on approach for instruction in math and science. We can provide development in these areas as needed. Assistant teachers help to create team-building experiences for each class, as TLC values social and emotional student development as well as academic.
• Bachelor’s degree in education or related field
• Two years’ experience in a classroom setting
• Strong work ethic
• Stamina for a fast-paced work environment
• Willingness to work collaboratively with students, parents, and fellow staff members
• Excellent communication skills
• Passion for working in a community school
• Considered a plus: (1) stage management experience; (2) a passion for leading classes for all grades K-8 in outdoor education skills, Spanish, or PE; (3) proficiency with Google docs
Interested, qualified applicants should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
828-686-3080 http://www.thelearningcommunity.org http://www.thelearningcommunity.org http://www.thelearningcommunity.org