Financial Educator & Financial/Housing Counselor
What is the position?
This full time position is a combination of (1) Financial Educator & (2) Financial/Housing Counselor. At present, education accounts for 50% of the position and counseling for the remaining 50%; this varies and may change with funding/demand. The starting pay rate will be $36,670 annually ($17.63 hourly), unless there is considerable relevant prior experience. Additionally, you’ll be eligible for paid-time-off (PTO) and medical insurance after 3 months and 401k retirement benefits after one year. Fluent Spanish speakers will be compensated an additional $3,500 per year for these language skills.
1. Actively participates in initial and ongoing training:
• Engages in peer and supervisor shadowing, training, and feedback to reach basic proficiency in job duties listed below.
2. Provides adult financial education.
• Utilizes established curriculum to educate during the typical workday in addition to some evenings and weekends;
• Teaches up to 7 of the following classes weekly (up to 10 hours of direct education), as assigned:
o Teaches In-Person Classes/Series and Interactive Online Classes
3. Provides financial/housing counseling:
• Conducts up to 6 appointments per week depending on level of education work, including at least one evening per week, one Saturday every other month, and other weekends and evenings infrequently, as needed.
4. Manages counseling client caseload, which includes:
• Develops strategies for addressing financial/housing issues based on the client’s needs and capabilities.
5. Participates as an active and engaged member of OnTrack WNC staff:
• Attends program and staff meetings, actively participates, provides thoughtful input, and makes presentations as assigned; and
• Participates in group and independent projects as needed to further team or agency objectives.
6. Takes ownership of work and communication:
• Learns procedures precisely and incorporate any updates into your work.
7. Conducts other duties as assigned.
Out of concern for vulnerable populations whom we serve including those who are unable to vaccinate due to health reasons and based on feedback from our staff, OnTrack strongly encourages employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before interacting with clients or coworkers. After being fully vaccinated, staff may choose between the following incentives: $100 or one additional day of PTO.
Application Instructions (Visit http://www.ontrackwnc.org/hireme for full job posting duties prior to applying)
Cover Letter and Resume: Cover letter must accompany the resume. In your cover letter:
• Help us make the connection between what you have done and what we are looking for.
• List aspects of previous work, school, or volunteer experience that will help you succeed in this job.
• Tell us about your commitment to communities of color, racial equity, and/or experience within the Black community in North Carolina.
• Let us know why you are interested in the job!
Subject line: “Educator/Counselor – Your Last Name”. No phone or drop‐in inquiries please.
Submission: Email your cover letter and resume to Emily Matthews at email@example.com.
Deadline: Thursday, August 5th at 5:00 PM. Interviews will be scheduled as applications are received and until the position is filled.