Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to email@example.com.
Bottle and can releases
- **NEW** DSSOLVR releases its first three bottles on Saturday, Dec. 28: The Slugging of Time (4.2% ABV), a funky puncheon-aged IPA; It’s Been Years (5.9% ABV), a tequila barrel-aged rye ale; and The Era is Now (5.2% ABV), a blended wild ale fermented in a combination of red and white wine barrels, will be available in 500-milliliter bottles for $14 each and on draft.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- Highland Brewing Co. releases Hazy and the Blowfish (7% ABV), a New England IPA hopped with Apollo, Centennial, Ekuanot, Mosaic, Citra and Galaxy, and Burly Rye Stout (6% ABV) on Tuesday, Dec. 24.
- Catawba Brewing Co. taps Mexi Cake Stout (7.2% ABV) on Thursday, Dec. 26, at all four of its taprooms.
- Wicked Weed Brewing celebrates its 7th anniversary on Saturday, Dec. 28, with the release of Wicked Weed Brownie, available exclusively on draft.
- **NEW** DSSOLVR taps two draft-only collaborations made with Pittsburgh’s Dancing Gnome Brewery on Saturday, Dec. 28: Photosynthetic Shells (6.3% ABV), a Hazy IPA fermented with a house IPA yeast, hopped every other day during fermentation, then dry-hopped exclusively with Michigan Chinook; and Habitual Levitations (4.6% ABV), an English-style ESB hopped with Fuggle in the boil, fermented cold with the brewery’s House English yeast and allowed to cold condition for multiple weeks before being served on nitro.
- Forestry Camp Bar & Restaurant hosts a “Virginia Is For Beer Lovers” tap takeover on Friday, Dec. 27, beginning at 5 p.m. The event features beers from Triple Crossing Beer, Aslin Beer Co., Commonwealth Brewing Co. and Pen Druid Brewing.