Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- **NEW** Bold Rock Hard Cider has released Bold Rock Citrus, its first seasonal of 2017, in bottles and on draft at its Mills River cidery. The beverage has a complex lemon-lime flavor profile accentuating local Granny Smith apples while keeping a smooth finish. Similar to the Blood Orange, Bold Rock’s last seasonal of 2016, it has a haze comparable to fresh squeezed lemonade.
- Burial Beer Co. Ceremonial Session IPA featuring Vic Secret hops (4 percent ABV) will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans on Friday, Jan. 13. Brewed with a different hops focus each time, this session IPA is created from pilsner, flaked barley, wheat and oats. This particular batch features the Australian Vic Secret hops that, when paired with the brewery’s special house yeast, yields aromas of pine, spice, pineapple and passion fruit.
- Hi-Wire Brewing releases Foeder Brett Saison (6.5 percent ABV) at noon Saturday, Jan. 14, at its South Slope Specialty Brewery. The fruity, tart saison with an earthy brett character was fermented and aged in a foeder for seven months. The 750-milliliter bottles cost $15 each.
- Oskar Blues Brewery taps Hot Mama Chili Pils (5.3 percent ABV) – Mama’s Little Yella Pils infused with with a special blend of habanero and chili peppers – on Tuesday, Jan. 10.
- On Wednesday, Jan. 11, Burial Beer Co. releases Siege Machine IPA with Tangelos (6.6 percent ABV), brewed with pilsner, Riverbend rye and dry-hopped with Citra, Waimea and Mandarina Bavaria, then aged on the zest and pulp of tangelos.
- Catawba Brewing Co. releases Oatmeal Coffee Porter in its South Slope tasting room and brewery on Thursday, Jan. 12. This American porter was aged on Dynamite Roasting Co.’s Suplicar Clemencia dark roast coffee beans.
- Thirsty Monk‘s first Monk Beer Academy session of 2017 takes place Tuesday, Jan. 10, at 7 p.m. at the downtown bar. The class will focus on wood-aged beer and explore the historical use of barrels and foeders and the renewed interest in their use in modern craft beer. Space is limited, and spots may be reserved for free online. Tasting flights may be purchased upon arrival.
- Burial Beer Co. partners with Salt & Smoke Kitchen and Holy Mountain Brewing to host a Seafood Fest and Saisoncentric Tap Takeover on Friday, Jan. 13, at 2 p.m. Holy Mountain’s The Seer Foeder-Aged Saison, Aureum Blended Ale aged in oak barrels with peaches, Witchfinder Brett Saison, and Covenant Barrel-Fermented Saison will be on tap.
- **NEW** Jack of the Wood is pouring Hi-Wire‘s Foeder Brett Saison on Friday, Jan. 13, starting at 5 p.m., along with the brewery’s Wild Rye Brett IPA and Sour Blonde Ale.