Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to email@example.com.
- As a part of its birthday festivities on Saturday, July 23, Hi-Wire Brewing will release 750-milliliter bottles of its Third Anniversary Tart Wild Ale, a bottle-conditioned, gin barrel-fermented beer brewed with lemongrass. At 5 p.m., a surprise release Oak Fermented Belgian-style White Ale with Brett (6.5 percent ABV) will also be available.
- Burial Beer Co. has three new releases this week. Wednesday, July 20 marks the return of Hawkbill IPA (5.6 percent ABV), made with Mandarina Bavaria and Galaxy hops. Friday, July 22 brings Tribute to the Patron (6 percent ABV), a rye Abbey-style ale that spent primary fermentation in oak barrels, while Gang of Blades Double IPA (8.2 percent ABV), dry-hopped with generous doses of Amarillo, Mandarina Bavaria, Columbus and Simcoe, will be tapped Sunday, July 24.
- Starting Thursday, July 21, Hi-Wire Brewing debuts two offerings at its Hilliard Ave. specialty brewery. Mango Milkshake (5 percent ABV) is a mango IPA brewed with wheat, lactose, mangos, a touch of fresh vanilla and heavily dry hopped with Simcoe. A true to style Schwarzbier (6.1 percent ABV) is also on tap.
- On Friday, July 22, Twin Leaf Brewery will tap Peach Tea Saison, a 6.2 percent ABV saison brewed with Riverbend Malthouse’s Carolina rye and black tea from China’s Yunnan province before being aged on 8 pounds per barrel of Carolina peaches.
- Highland Brewing Co. will tap a small-batch, 4.6 percent ABV hefeweizen at the brewery tasting room on Friday, July 22.
- Through Labor Day weekend, Thirsty Monk will raise funds for French Broad Riverkeeper through SweetWater Brewing‘s Save Our Water campaign. Guests can add a $1, $5 or $10 donation to their tab to put a fish on the wall and help protect the French Broad. A special Save the French Broad Pint Night will be held at each Monk location, with the first of these taking place on Wednesday, July 20, at the Biltmore Park Monk. From each SweetWater beer purchased, $1 will be donated to French Broad Riverkeeper through the Save Our Water campaign, and a SweetWater river tube will be given away at each of these pint nights.
- This week’s free tasting at Bruisin’ Ales will feature Appalachian Mountain Brewery on Thursday, July 21, at 5 p.m. Along with draft pours of Cucumber Berlinerweiss, samples of Spoaty Oaty Pale Ale, Long Leaf IPA and Baba Budan Coffee IPA will be on offer.
- All Thirsty Monk locations will host Hop Fest on Thursday, July 21. The event will showcase hop-focused beers from Founders, Grimm, Green Flash, Ommegang, Bell’s, Wicked Weed and more.
- On Thursday, July 21 at 5:30 p.m., Tasty Beverage Co. taps kegs of Bell’s Brewery Poolside Ale, a Belgian-style Wit with tart Michigan cherries, and Quinannan Falls Special Lager.
- Hi-Wire Brewing will celebrate its third anniversary 5-10 p.m. Saturday, July 23, at its Big Top production brewery, 2 Huntsman Place. This is a family-friendly event with a variety of circus-themed attractions, including a ferris wheel, dual aerialist acts, a tarot card reader, stilt walkers, a high striker strongman game, a face painter and much more. In addition to the release of its third anniversary beer, Hi-Wire will be pouring eight never-to-be-seen-again sour beers, including Imperial IPA with Brett, Oak Fermented Saison with Passion Fruit & Brett, Oak Fermented Berliner Weisse with Brett, Oak Fermented Dark Saison with Brett and an Oak Fermented Grodziskie with Brett.