Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bottle and can releases
- Sweeten Creek Brewing releases Summer Sun Belgian Wit on Friday, June 14. Featuring additions of coriander seed, orange peel and ginger, the beer will be available in six-packs of 12-ounce cans and on draft.
- **NEW** Burial Beer Co. celebrates its sixth anniversary on Friday, June 14, with the release of seven packaged offerings. Four hundred 500 milliliter bottles of Anno Domini MMXIX 6th Anniversary Imperial Stout with Coconut, Lemon, Coffee, and Vanilla (14% ABV) will be available for $17 each, exclusively at the taproom; One hundred and fifty 500 milliliter bottles of Realm of Absolute Nothingness Imperial Stout with Cocoa, Coconut and Vanilla Bean (13% ABV) will be available for $16 each, exclusively at the taproom; Sixth Passing 6th Anniversary DIPA (8.2% ABV), double dry-hopped with Strata, Sabro, Citra and Simcoe, plus a dose of cryo hops, will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $18, exclusively at the taproom; Ain’t It Wild DIPA with Tart Lime, Passionfruit and Pomegranate (8.6% ABV), made in collaboration with Monterey, California’s Alvarado Street Brewing and double dry-hopped with Enigma, Galaxy and Vic’s Secret, will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $20, exclusively at the taproom; Heavy Lager Beer (5% ABV), made in collaboration with McMinnville, Oregon’s Heater Allen Brewing, will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $11 and will see limited distribution; two hundred and fifty 500 milliliter bottles of Fall of the Damned Bourbon Barrel-Aged Sour Red Ale with Marionberries and Blackberries (8.5% ABV) will be available for $16 each, exclusively at the taproom; and two hundred and fifty 500 milliliter bottles of Fall of the Rebel Angels Blended Sour Ale with Chokeberries (6.3% ABV) will be available for $16 each, exclusively at the taproom.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- Fermented Nonsense Brewing releases Yas Kween Cherry Lime Wheat (5.2% ABV), brewed with cherry juice and fresh lime zest, on Tuesday, June 11.
- Oskar Blues Brewery taps a Farmhouse SMASH on Tuesday, June 11.
- **NEW** In addition to its aforementioned packaged products also being available on draft, Burial taps Oaken Chalice Foudre-Aged Saison Ale with Coffee (5.8% ABV) on Wednesday, June 12.
- Catawba Brewing Co. releases Sour Pineapple Milkshake IPA (6.4% ABV) on Thursday, June 13, at all four of its taprooms.
- Highland Brewing Co. taps I Love You Berry Much (5.1% ABV), a Berliner Weisse brewed with 48 pounds of strawberries and a touch of lactose, and Dad Life Lager (6.7% ABV), a traditional Dortmunder lager, on Friday, June 14.
- The Whale celebrates Father’s Day on Sunday, June 16, with Rad Dad Lager Day. According to the event description, the beer bar will “have lagers on as many draft lines as we can and great dad jokes all day long.”