Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to email@example.com.
Bottle and can releases
- Burial Beer Co. has a dual can release on Friday, June 7. Until There Is No Longer IPA (7.5% ABV), double dry-hopped with hand selected Citra pellets and Citra Cryo powder pellets, will be available exclusively in the taproom in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $16. Krystal Artifakts West Coast Style IPA (7% ABV), brewed in collaboration with Pinthouse Pizza Craft Brewpub and dry-hopped with Citra, Amarillo, Denali and Azacca hops,then finshed with Amarillo Cryo, will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $16. It will see limited distribution.
- **NEW** Hi-Wire Brewing releases Palo Santo Imperial Stout (8% ABV), brewed with coffee, chocolate, vanilla and lactose and aged on palo santo wood, on Friday, June 7, at both of its Asheville taprooms. It will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans and on draft and will see limited distribution.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- Ginger’s Revenge is currently pouring a Dragonfruit Lemon Balm ginger beer, made in collaboration with Blue Dream Curry House.
- Thirsty Monk Brewery is currently pouring Pog Wit (5% ABV), made with passionfruit, orange and guava.
- In addition to the aforementioned packaged releases also being available on draft, Burial is currently pouring The Keeper’s Veil Honey Saison Ale (5.5% ABV) and The Pall of Ominous Aura IPA with Brettanomyces (7.2% ABV), double dry-hopped with Galaxy, Cascade, Chinook and El Dorado. On Friday, June 7, they’ll be joined by No Dawn Foudre-Aged Malt Liquor (5.9% ABV), brewed in collaboration with Bearded Iris Brewing.
- Catawba Brewing Co. releases Honey Nut Breakfast Milk Stout on Thursday, June 6, at all four of its taprooms. The beer is sweetened with lactose and brewed with 40 pounds of honey, plus coffee beans from Dynamite Coffee and hazelnuts. $1 per pint sold will be donated to the Center for Honeybee Research.
- The Whale welcomes Perennial Artisan Ales of St. Louis to Asheville on Thursday, June 6, 6-10 p.m. Perennial brewery reps will be in attendance to share some of their small-batch creations.
- Burial will tap guest beers from TRVE Brewing Co. and Arizona Wilderness Brewing Co. on Friday, June 7. A complete list of draft and packaged offerings is available online.
- **NEW** The Mashville Challenge, featuring roller derby and brewery competitions, takes place Saturday, June 8, noon-8 p.m. at the U.S. Cellular Center. One World Brewing, Hi-Wire, Urban Orchard Cider Co., Hillman Beer and Bhramari Brewing Co. have each made a beer in honor of the event. Participating fans can purchase a $25 punch card that covers the five competing breweries’ pours and will have until 6:15 p.m. to vote for their favorite drink. The winning beer will be announced at halftime of the Allstars’ game around 6:30 p.m., awarded the “Blue Ridge Ribbon” and title of Blue Ridge Roller Derby’s 2019 Beverage of the Year. More information on the event and the beers is available online.
- Fonta Flora Brewery hosts the State of Origin Craft Brew Fest on Saturday, June 8, 5-9 p.m., on Courthouse Square in Morganton. Tickets are $65. A complete list of participating breweries and other festival details are available online.
- 12 Bones Brewing hosts its grand opening on Sunday, June 9, 2-6 p.m. Offerings include at least 11 house beers and a non-alcoholic root beer.