Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bottle and can releases
- Wicked Weed Brewing releases this year’s Kiwi Morte (5.6% ABV) on Thursday, March 12. The American Wild Ale is made with 4 pounds per gallon of whole fresh kiwis. It will be available in 500 milliliter bottles and on draft.
- DSSOLVR has a quadruple release on Friday, March 13. Dad Mode: Engage (3.7% ABV), a traditional English dark mild, hopped with English Fuggles and English East Kent Goldings, will be available on draft; Eat the Rich (5.5% ABV), a bourbon barrel-fermented stout conditioned on cacao nibs, vanilla, sea salt, hazelnut and bourbon barrel-aged coffee beans from Columbus, Ohio’s Hoof Hearted Brewing, will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans and on draft; and two collaborations with Greenville, S.C.’s Eighth State Brewing Co., A Little Problem on Carolina Lane (11% ABV), an Imperial Baltic Porter hopped with Sterling and Saaz and dosed with Muscovado sugar, and A Catastrophic Problem on Carolina Lane (11% ABV), “the ultimate form of Little Problem,” featuring generous additions of vanilla beans and High Noon Roasters Coffee. Both Problems will be available in 500 milliliter bottles and on draft.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- Highland Brewing Co. is currently pouring Bearwallow Pale Ale (4.5% ABV), hopped with with Comet, Cascade and Centennial. And on Friday, March 13, it will be joined by Nitro Irish Stout (5.5% ABV).
- Catawba Brewing Co. taps Irish Stout on Thursday, March 12, at all four of its taprooms.
- Boojum Brewing Co. releases Irish Stout and Irish Red Ale on Saturday, March 14.
- Sanctuary Brewing Co. has a triple release on Saturday, March 14: Scottie’s Red Ale (6.8% ABV), an English-style strong ale hopped with Fuggle; Pour Life Decisions (5.2% ABV), a dry American stout; and Pompous (4.8% ABV), an American wheat ale aged on 100 pounds of whole pomegranate puree and 20 pounds of fresh orange juice and zest.
- The Whale taps a selection of beers from Maine Beer Co. on Friday, March 13, at noon, including Lunch IPA (7% ABV), Dinner DIPA (8.2% ABV), Mean Old Tom Nitro Stout (6.5% ABV) and King Titus Porter (7.5% ABV).