Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to email@example.com.
Bottle and can releases
- Burial Beer Co. has a triple can release on Friday, May 17. Vicious Cycle DIPA (8% ABV), brewed in collaboration with Edmonds Oast Brewing Co. and hopped with Citra, Cashmere, Comet and Cashmere Cryo, will be available exclusively at the taproom in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $18. The Savages of Ruminating Minds IPA (7.2% ABV) double dry-hopped with Mosaic, Motueka and Idaho 7, will be available exclusively at the taproom in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $16. And this year’s batch of Innertube Light Lager (3.5% ABV) will be available in six-packs of 12-ounce cans for $10 and four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $10 and will see distribution.
- Catawba Brewing Co.‘s Peach of Mind Farmhouse Ale (4.5% ABV) returns on Friday, May 17, in six-packs of 12-ounce cans throughout its distribution network and on draft in all four of its taprooms.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- In addition to the aforementioned packaged releases also being available on draft, Burial is currently pouring Billhook Farmhouse Ale (7% ABV), one of the original six beers that the brewery offered at its opening in 2013. hopped with Nelson Sauvin, Galaxy and Kohatu.
- Oskar Blues Brewery taps Way Milky Stout on Tuesday, May 14.
- Highland Brewing Co. celebrates the release of Under Cover of Night, a Czech-style dark lager brewed in collaboration with Oskar Blues, Perrin Brewing Co., and Cigar City Brewing, on Tuesday, May 14, 5:30-8:30 p.m. at its Rooftop Bar. The beer was made through the forthcoming CANarchy Collaboratory.
- UpCountry Brewing Co. releases the “I Can Go For That Hull of Oats” Pale Ale (5.8% ABV), on Wednesday, May 15, at its West Asheville location and the following day at its Brevard taproom.
- Thirsty Monk Brewery releases Unity Gose (4% ABV) on Thursday, May 16, at both of its Asheville taprooms. The third beer in the brewery’s Karma Series, $1 from each pour of Unity Gose will benefit Southern Equality. The following day brings White Wine Barrel Aged Farmhouse (6.5% ABV), brewed with Nordic Kveik yeast.
- Catawba taps a Raspberry Smoothie Sour (5.8% ABV) on Thursday, May 16, at all four of its locations. $1 per every 10-ounce pour sold in Asheville will be donated to Make-A-Wish Foundation of WNC.
- **NEW** Zillicoah Beer Co. taps a Bavarian Helles (5.2% ABV), the brewery’s first open fermented lager, on Thursday, May 16.
- Urban Orchard Cider Co. releases Glass Shark (5.5% ABV), a cucumber and peach cider, on Friday, May 17.
- Ginger’s Revenge releases a Pink Boots and Tart Cherry ginger beer on Sunday, May 19.
- The Whale brings beers from Edmund’s Oast to its taproom on Friday, May 17, starting at 5 p.m. Check the Facebook event page for a complete taplist and available cans.
- Twin Leaf Brewery‘s Gathering of the Goses celebration returns Saturday, May 18. 1-5 p.m. Three goses from the host brewery as well as one each from Sideways Farm & Brewery, Botanist & Barrel, Steel String Brewery, Brown Truck Brewery, Hi-Wire Brewing, Palmetto Brewing Co. and Bharami Brewing Co. will be available. Each $15 ticket includes entry into the event, two drink tokens (redeemable for a 5-ounce pour) and a specialty sampling glass. Additional tokens can be purchased at the event for $3 each. Tickets are available online and at the door.
- **NEW** Bruisin’ Ales‘ next free tasting takes place Saturday, May 18, 2-4 p.m., and features samples of staff favorites from Scandinavian breweries. In conjunction with the tasting, all beers from Finland, Norway, Sweden, Iceland and Denmark — plus non-Scandinavian country Estonia — will be discounted by 10%.