Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to email@example.com.
Bottle and can releases
- On Saturday, May 13, Burial Beer Co. will release the second beer in its Earth Series of small-batch DIPAs, When We Were Phantoms. This 8 percent ABV double IPA features Azacca, Summer and El Dorado hops and will be available starting at noon in four-packs of 16-ounce cans.
- In addition to When We Were Phantoms, Burial Beer Co. will release three other small-batch offerings this week. On Wednesday, May 10, The Remnants of the Fallen Saison will be tapped. Brewed to use the spent fruit from the brewery’s upcoming sour release, Fall of the Damned, this 6.4 percent ABV saison was brewed with Riverbend pilsner and went through primary fermentation on marionberry and blackberry, and then a second fermentation with raspberries. Thursday, May 11, will see the release of The Priory Hommel Bier, a 6.3 percent ABV Belgian pale brewed with Riverbend pilsner, flaked wheat, Munich and Vienna malts and lime peel, hopped only in the kettle with Belma, Chinook and Cascade. Finally, on Friday, May 12, the latest iteration of Ceremonial Session IPA will make its debut, this batch featuring Cashmere hops.
- Catawba Brewing Co. continues its Mexico-themed month with the release of a Mexican Lager (5.5 percent ABV) on Thursday, May 11, a malty Vienna-style lager brewed with Hallertau Mittelfrüh German hops.
- May’s session of Monk Beer Academy will be held on Tuesday, May 9, starting at 7 p.m. at the downtown Thirsty Monk. This month’s class will focus on fruit beers, and tasting flights will range from $12-$18. Register here.
- Highland Brewing Co. in association with Orange Peel Events will present hard-rock icons Clutch along with The Sword and Lucero on Wednesday, May 10, at the Meadow at Highland Brewing. The show starts at 6:30, and advanced tickets are available here for $30.
- Ginger’s Revenge will host its official grand opening on Saturday, May 13, from 2-10 p.m. at the brewery in the River Arts District. The celebration will include brewery tours, live music from the Gypsyswingers and the Resonant Rogues, limited edition merchandise and special giveaways.
- Blue Ghost Brewing of Fletcher will host a special Mother’s Day celebration at the brewery on Sunday, May 14. Representatives from LulaRoe, LipSense and Thirty-one will be on hand with gifts for sale, musician Sean Bendula will perform from 4-6 p.m. and special beers will be on tap.