Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Zebulon Artisan Ales‘ Fire Roasted Pumpkin Fall Saison (for Jimi Hendrix) is available at the brewery and in bottle shops this week. The 7.7 percent ABV brew is made with 150 pounds of pie pumpkins from Rayburn Farms. The 750-milliliter bottle-conditioned, cork-and-caged bottles cost $13.
- Green Man Brewery celebrates the life of West Asheville community leader and restaurateur Roland Knoll on Wednesday, Nov. 2, with the release of Roland’s Otterfest.
- Thirsty Monk Brewery releases Fall Harvest Ale — an autumn seasonal brewed with 100 pounds of roasted candy roaster squash — at all three Monk locations on Friday, Nov. 4.
- **NEW** Burial Beer Co.‘s new releases this week include The Forge Multi-Grain Saison (5.2 percent ABV), brewed with a myriad of grains, hopped with Mandarina Bavaria and finished with orange peel and green peppercorns, on Tuesday, Nov. 1; a fresh batch of Surf Wax IPA (6.8 percent ABV), hopped with Mosaic, Citra, Centennial and Columbus, on Wednesday, Nov. 2; and Microplane Barrel-Fermented Table Beer (3 percent ABV), brewed with a grist bill of 20% Oat, 20% Wheat, 15% Corn and hopped with Amarillo, on Thursday, Nov. 3.
- This month’s Monk Beer Academy session takes place Tuesday, Nov. 1, at 7 p.m. at the downtown Thirsty Monk. Draft quality manager and certified cicerone Jeremiah Tracy will lead a 45-minute informative guided tasting that covers hop cultivation, harvesting, processing, packaging and use, as well as wet-hopped ales. Space is limited and seats can be reserved online. Purchase the tasting flight at the bar upon arrival.
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. celebrates the release of its 2016 Christmas Jam Session Ale on Wednesday, Nov. 2, from 4-8 p.m. in its High Gravity Room.
- Catawba Brewing Co.‘s monthly Beer and Chocolate Pairing will be held Wednesday, Nov. 2, from 7-8:30 p.m. at its South Slope brewery. Certified cicerone Gary Glancy and Crawford Rizor of French Broad Chocolates will lead a tasting of four Catawba beers paired with both a truffle and a chocolate bar. Tickets are $20 and available online.
- The downtown Thirsty Monk hosts a 21st Amendment Brewery tap takeover on Thursday, Nov. 3. Offerings include 21st Amendment/Cigar City Brewing Golden Sunshine Berliner Weisse and 21st Amendment/Stone Brewing Co./Firestone Walker Brewing Co. Camino (Un)Real Black Ale.
- Catawba Brewing Co. will hold a release party for its King Winterbolt Winter Ale on Thursday, Nov. 3, from 6-9 p.m. at the South Slope taproom. The event also includes the opportunity to taste and judge various chilis and cornbreads made by the Catawba staff.
- **NEW** On Friday, Nov. 4, from 4-6 p.m. Tasty Beverage Co. features selections from Blackberry Farm Brewery. Drafts of Belgo IPA and Classic Saison will be available as well as bottle pours from some rare offerings.
- The Tryon Beer Fest occurs Saturday, Nov. 5, noon-6 p.m. in the Tryon Depot Plaza. Tickets are $35 in advance and $40 at the gate (cash only). Festival-only (designated driver) tickets are $10 at the gate (cash only).
- The Asheville on Tap Beer Festival takes place Saturday, Nov. 5, from 5-8 p.m. at the U.S. Cellular Center. The event features over 100 beers from local and national breweries. Tickets are $45 in advance through Friday, Nov. 4, and $55 at the door. VIP access — which includes admission at 4 p.m., an America On Tap baseball hat and a food voucher — costs $60.
- **NEW** Upcountry Brewing Co. bartender Jason Hall has unexpectedly passed away at the age of 39. To help his wife Nicole meet the finacial needs of the coming months, a GoFundMe page has been set up to raise funds. Upcountry will also host a memorial night on Saturday, Nov. 5, from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. with music, vodka crans and a fundraising raffle with loads of local gifts and artistry.