Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to email@example.com.
Bottle and can releases
- On Saturday, Oct. 6, Catawba Brewing Co. has a double-release from its new Barrel Series. BA Series #1 (Bourbon Barrel-Aged Scotch Ale) and BA Series #3 (Tequila Barrel-Aged DIPA) will be available in 16-ounce cans and on draft.
- Bhramari Brewing Co. releases Above the Clouds (6.7 percent ABV), a milkshake IPA with lacuma, vanilla, and lactose, on Sunday, Oct. 7, at 11 a.m. The beer is a collaboration with Cincinnati’s Listermann Brewing Co. and will be sold in four-packs of 16-ounce cans.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- Burial Beer Co. has three new releases this week. Wednesday, Oct. 3, brings the “final formulation” of Machete Mixed Culture Farmhouse Ale (6 percent ABV), made from oak-aged mixed-culture saison and hopped with Mandarina and Tettnang. Divine Beasts Foudre-Aged Jasmine Lager (4 percent ABV) will be released on Thursday, Oct. 4, and The Crucifix Belgian-style Tripel (8.8 percent ABV), this year bittered with Centennial and Hallertaur Blanc hops in the whirlpool, returns Saturday, Oct. 6.
- **NEW** On Wednesday, Oct. 3, UpCountry Brewing Co. releases Stiff Upper Lip English Stout (5.9 percent ABV), hopped with Fuggle and Mt. Hood.
- **NEW** Thirsty Monk Brewery releases its 2018 edition of Fall Harvest Ale (7 percent ABV) on Wednesday, Oct. 3, at its Biltmore Park location. It’s brewed with locally sourced carnival squash and sweet potatoes from New Sprout Organic Farm Collective in Swannannoa, plus such spices as cinnamon, nutmeg and clove. It will also be on tap at the downtown bar starting Friday, Oct. 5.
- Catawba taps Creamsicle Milkshake IPA (8 percent ABV) on Thursday, Oct. 4, followed by Bourbon Barrel-Aged King Don’s Pumpkin Ale and Imperial King Don’s on Friday, Oct 5. The beers will be available at all four of its tasting rooms.
- On Friday, Oct. 5, Highland Brewing Co. releases I’m Corn-Fused, a pale ale brewed with Lemondrop and Citra hops and a touch of corn in the malt bill, and Space Force, a triple dry hopped New England IPA brewed with Simcoe, Citra, and Mosai hops and dry hopped with Simcoe, Citra and Simcoe lupulin powder.
- **NEW** Thirsty Monk Biltmore Park hosts a Pumpkin Pint Night on Wednesday, Oct. 3. In addition to the in-house brewery’s Fall Harvest Ale, Foothills Brewing Pumpkin Ale, Pisgah Brewing Co. Pumpkin Ale and Weyerbacher Brewing Co. Imperial Pumpkin Ale will be on tap. All four pumpkin beers are available in a flight for $10.
- **NEW** Hillman Beer hosts its inaugural Oktoberfest on Saturday, Oct. 6, 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Five German-style beers will be on tap, including an Altbier (4.7 percent ABV). More information is available online.
- Bhramari hosts Above the Clouds: A Celebration of Hazy & Hoppy Beer on Sunday, Oct. 7, 11 a.m.-midnight. Entry is $15 and includes a specialty tasting glass, two beer tokens (redeemable for eight-ounce pours) and access to live music. Tickets and a list of participating breweries and bands are available online.
- On Tuesday, Oct. 9, 6-7:30 p.m., Burial hosts an Off-Topic Convo event with Evil Twin Brewing founder Jeppe Jarnit-Bjergsø. Tickets are $10 at the door and include a branded glass to keep, access to the talk and shared beers from Evil Twin. Tickets will be available starting at 5:30 p.m.