Snowpocalypse is here, but Ashevilleans still have to eat (and drink). Many coffee shops, restaurants, breweries and bars have closed due to hazardous driving conditions and other factors related to the winter storm. But a few are keeping their doors open for the hardy souls who have to be out and about or don’t mind braving the weather for the perfect pour-over, a craft beer or a hot meal.
The following list is far from complete, but we’ll be updating throughout the day. Please double-check with businesses to be sure they’re still open before venturing out.
To let us know about other eateries that are open or those that have closed, email your news to email@example.com or Tweet to @mxeat.
Happy snow day!
- All City Bakery locations opened at 8 a.m. today. (60 Biltmore Ave. and 88 Charlotte St. in Asheville; 18 N. Main St., Waynesville)
- Tod’s Tasties is open all day at 102 Montford Ave.
- Table restaurant will be open for dinner and The Imperial Life bar is operating on a normal schedule, both at 48 College St.
- Vortex Doughnuts is open and serving doughnuts and coffee today on the South Slope at 32 Banks Ave.
- Also over on the Slope, Buxton Hall Barbecue is open noon-4 p.m. today at 32 Banks Ave. with $3 draft beers and a $12 special that includes a beer, a shot a barbecue sandwich and a bag of chips. Closed tonight.
- And, at the same address, Catawba Brewing Co. will be open limited hours from 2-6 p.m.
- On the East side, the East Village Grille tweeted that it will be open “(mostly) normal hours today.” Find it at 1177 Tunnel Road.
- Bhramari Brewhouse opens at 3 p.m. today at 101 S. Lexington Ave.
- Sovereign Remedies at 29 N. Market St. plans to be open 3 p.m.-2 a.m.
- Short Street Cakes at 225 Haywood Road is open and expects to have cupcakes ready by 11 a.m.
- The downtown Tupelo Honey is open 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Green Man Brewery at 27 Buxton Ave. opens at 1 p.m.
- Biscuit Head at 733 Haywood Road in West Asheville is open.
- Thirsty Monk‘s locations downtown (92 Patton Ave.) and at Biltmore Park (2 Town Square Blvd.) locations will be open regular hours.
- Nine Mile at 233 Montford Ave. is open until 9 p.m. The West Asheville location at 751 Haywood Road is closed due to power the power outage in that area.
- Sunny Point Cafe at 626 Haywood Road is open.
- Starting at 3 p.m., Oyster House Brewing Co. at 625 Haywood Road will be open and serving beer and food.
- Catawba Brewing Co.’s South Slope taproom at 32 Banks Ave is open 2-6 p.m.
- Sweeten Creek Brewing, just south of Biltmore Village at 1127 Sweeten Creek Road, reports that Sweeten Creek Road has been plowed and the taproom is open today serving both beer and food.
- Appalachian Vintner at 745 Biltmore Ave. reports that it is open and pouring wine and beer.
- Brooklyn Bros Italian Cuisine & Pizza opened an hour late, but now things are business as usual and the brothers are slinging pies at 3935 Sweeten Creek Road.
- Both Hi-Wire Brewing locations are opening early today at 2 p.m. (2 Huntsman Place in Biltmore Village and 197 Hilliard Ave. on the South Slope)
- Those on the north side hoping to snag some Italian fare this evening can trek over to Vinnie’s Neighborhood Italian at 641 Merrimon Ave. It opens at 5 p.m. for dinner.
- Scully’s downtown at 13 W. Walnut St. is open — “sled on down,” says a post on its Facebook page this afternoon.
- Mojo Kitchen opens at 8 p.m. with food and a dance party at 55 College St.
- Rankin Vault Cocktail Lounge at 7 Rankin Ave. is open (and, according to its Twitter feed, serving hot toddies!).