- The Alexander-based multi-instrumentalist reflects on her eclectic solo debut.The local resident discusses his experience designing and building The Negotiator and the new sense of purpose that the process instilled in him.The Asheville native is hard at work on her next major project, plus other recent news from the local arts scene.
- “This initiative will help us gather information to better understand food waste reduction efforts and how we can best communicate those with both business and residential users,” says Asheville sustainability…With safety precautions in place and plenty of outdoor space, local orchards welcome guests for U-pick and other activities.The WNC Cheese Trail and local wine shops and breweries take their pairing and tasting events online.
- At a time when COVID-19 makes meeting up for in-person sports less safe, says Asheville Parks and Recreation staffer Maxime Pierre, virtual activities provide an outlet for competition and help…
- On Feb. 21, 1916, dishes rattled in the homes of Asheville residents, as the city experienced a 5.5 magnitude earthquake.None of the systems that serve the Xpress coverage area exceeded the Environmental Protection Agency’s advisory limit for the so-called "forever chemicals." Nor did any system have more than 10…In April, Pardee UNC Health Care notified MountainCare that it would no longer donate the use of the 6,000-square-foot building that houses MountainCare’s Henderson County adult day program. MountainCare now…Launching a small business is never easy, but it’s even harder when the proprietors face systemic obstacles to business ownership. Through shared resources and community support, five Emma cooperatives are…The divorced dad and entrepreneur recently reconfigured his office layout to include a dedicated educational space for his two school-aged children.Inspired by an article about the city of Hendersonville’s efforts to help community members struggling to pay for utilities during COVID-19, resident Lia Barth called the city’s customer service department…
- "I, personally, along with other residents here, have seen a number of government officials ignoring safeguards.""Since history is to be interpreted by today’s tastes and not by the messy past, what about the French Broad. Let’s make it the French Wide.""As a community, we deserve better, and as a community, we can reimagine what public safety looks like."