- The fiber artist talks new projects and the city's textile scene.The oil painter and graphic designer talks new projects and the city's visual arts scene.Comedian Morgan Bost speaks with three fellow stand-ups about parenting in Western North Carolina.The photographer and curator talks new projects and the city's visual arts scene.For most of her adult life, Kelly Saunders has enjoyed a full and successful career in corporate marketing. But her passion always brought her back to painting.The singer-songwriter and guitarist talks new projects and the city's music scene.Haywood County high school students create a mural in Clyde. Plus, novelist sets new book in Asheville, Foundy Street hosts a dance party and Black Mountain College Museum + Arts…
- Chemist Spirits collaborates with United Kingdom based Fever-Tree. Plus, a new brewery in the RAD and a downtown dessert cart.
- According to the Opioid Settlement Strategic Planning Report, goals for fiscal years 2024-26 include reductions in overdose-related visits to area ERs, the jail population incarcerated for substance use-related charges and…
- When this year’s high school seniors were freshmen, their worlds change suddenly as schools shut down in response to the global pandemic. As graduation day approaches, Xpress sat down with…This fiscal year, Asheville Buncombe Food Policy Council received a $5,000 grant from Buncombe County to help bring more community fridges on line. But ABFPC says it has run into…The trick to composting is keeping the temperature high to kill unwanted seeds.“If I don't have the resources I need, I can't do [the kids] justice. It's impossible. I’ve tried to twist myself and do educational yoga for the last 20 years.…The occasion typically sees dozens of residents making their cases for enhanced spending or budget cuts on a range of city services, but was uncharacteristically quiet during the May 23…
- "Higher taxes spent on nonproductive programs continue to drive taxpaying residents out of the city.""The infamous dank odor referred to is typically due to mercaptans, which are also sulfur compounds with a rotten eggs, boiled cabbage odor."