- Unable to perform live, many local musicians have redirected their creative talents and discovered new opportunities during the pandemic.Transylvania County youth services librarian Laura Gardner celebrates her debut children's book, Blue Ridge Babies 1, 2, 3. Also: Blue Ridge Community College Theatre Department presents William Shakespeare's Comedy of…The Center for Craft’s webinar series with UNCA views vital topics through the lens of craft.
- The 280,000-square-foot structure will produce over 2 million pounds of leafy salad greens a year to be shipped daily to local retailers.Asheville Parks and Recreation surveys residents for a new wellness-focused food hub, April is Food Waste Reduction Month, Ivory Road Café & Kitchen hosts Macarons & Mimosas, and more local…
- Appalachian Dowsers members discuss the numerous benefits they find in looking beyond the visible world.
- Starting in 1917, the Asheville Club for Women began raising funds to finance a clubhouse. But World War I and the subsequent economic recession derailed the group's plans.While much attention has been paid to the struggles of individual businesses that have borne the economic brunt of the pandemic, Asheville’s business organizations, which provide a critical framework for…A cooperative effort by Conserving Carolina, state and local governments, other nonprofits and the general public is gradually developing the Hickory Nut Gorge State Trail in and around the rugged…“Whether you’re a private entity or are providing a public service, a 30-35% daily loss of staff is going to have a major impact on operations,” says Asheville Police Chief…As the sometimes contentious discussions unfolded, members grappled with ambitious priorities for the upcoming year, and, perhaps more importantly, what their working relationships would look like for the next 18…
- "Even though vaccines are being pushed out, and things are slowly starting to go back to normal, local businesses need our help and support now more than ever as some…"Could it be more affordable and beneficial to use what’s already there and make it work together, rather than tearing it down?""Why haven’t the public comments to the Vance Monument commission been published on a website so we can have an informed discussion?"