- "Even as We Breathe" is a retrospective, coming-of-age tale replete with youthful romance, family secrets, murder and prisoners of war. Set at the Grove Park Inn during World War II,…Jeff Corpening's three-part anthology movie plays digital festivals in Burbank and Raleigh, Rabbit Rabbit opens, plus other local arts news.
- WNC meat and seafood purveyors bid farewell to summer with grilling tips and ideas.The program, explains communications coordinator Sarah Hart, allows the market to make a 100 percent match on dollars spent through SNAP. “People swipe their SNAP card for $5 and get…
- From Mars Hill in the north to Rosman in the south, from Black Mountain in the east to Maggie Valley in the west, the Hellbender Regional Trail system would link…Running is making a resurgence: From people who found running as a way to get out of the house and stay active, to die-hard marathoners, the pandemic is prompting people…
- When everything shifted online, Cary quickly realized the need for reliable computer access. Now, she works to distribute donated laptops to recently incarcerated people.On April 3, 1942, Axis diplomats were interned at Grove Park Inn. The 221 prisoners of war were the first in a series of detainees confined to the resort that…The contest to represent Western North Carolina in the U.S. House features candidates from different generations with different backgrounds and very different ideas about what needs to happen next in…Starting next week, the city of Asheville will hold virtual public meetings to discuss what City Manager Debra Campbell preferred to call “reimagining” the Asheville Police Department.
- "Many who avoid clothing made in sweatshops and who buy Equal Exchange coffee and chocolate may be unaware what they are supporting when they purchase meat.""I thought Asheville has a bail reform group that helps people in jail make bail.""We have providers of this medication all over the state, especially here in Asheville, where you can contact WNCAP (Western NC AIDS Project)."