- Flat Rock Playhouse will host a minimalist production of the entire Pulitzer Prize-winning play to benefit Women Helping Women on Saturday, Oct. 24, at 6 p.m.One Wednesday a month Adam Jack Arthur and his co-host, Troy Burnette, invite local performers to answer questions from a thoroughly researched stack of several hundred topics ranging from beer,…"Transplanting" debuted Wednesday, Sept. 30, on transplantingseries.com, and a new installment will be posted each Wednesday, at 2 p.m., through the end of January. Over the first 10 episodes, main…In support of new album The Spirit Moves, Langhorne Slim headlines The Orange Peel on Wednesday, Oct. 21.Sollee’s Friday, Oct. 16 show with Mother Falcon at The Grey eagle promises to be a study of refined and unbridled sonic expression. “There will be impromptu moments,” he says,…Addision presents his work at Malaprop's Bookstore and Café on Friday, Oct. 16, at 5 p.m.This season's Craft Fair of the Southern Highlands held Thursday to Saturday, Oct. 15-18 in the U.S. Cellular Center, will showcase the wares of nearly 200 craft artists.The musician opens for all female country quartet Sweet Claudette at The Altamont Theatre on Friday, Oct. 16, at 8 p.m.Meet the potamophilous visual artists during an opening reception at Sol's Reprieve on Thursday, Oct. 15, or enjoy a free perusal until Sunday, Oct. 19.
- Fall weather is a great excuse for a day trip, and the areas outside Asheville offer numerous opportunities for adventures of both the active and edible variety.HardLox festival sources its Jewish delicacies from across the country. Also coming up in Asheville are the RAD Farmers Market benefit dinner, Top of the Monk's Halloween celebrations and Nutty…With his new restaurant, Zambra chef Adam Bannasch is hoping to create a new neighborhood hangout for East Asheville. Opening dates have been announced!
- There’s something for every woman at this annual gathering, participants say. Many women make it a point to attend the event each year, because it makes them feel nourished and…
- This week's events include a 40th anniversary celebration of Monty Python and the Holy Grail as well as screenwriting and digital cinematography workshops.
- Last week’s heavy rainfall pushed E. coli levels in Asheville’s portion of the French Broad River past the Environmental Protection Agency’s safety threshold, posing a health threat to swimmers and…Asheville is a city full of transplants that loves to celebrate its diversity. Yet the area’s third-biggest immigrant population goes mostly unnoticed.
- "Not only does Rich have a solid history of grassroots organizing at the neighborhood level here in West Asheville, as well as a background in finance, he also has a…"An accessible community room, which the East Asheville Library currently does not have, would provide a welcome space for story hours and other children’s events, not to mention its benefit…"In my 35 years as a hairdresser, my goal is to make women look and feel better about themselves as they walk out our doors. We transform people from the…"Overall, [Asheville's] critics can be divided into three groups: the transplants who didn’t, some surrounding mountain neighbors and the conservative sanctorum in Raleigh. For them, it’s definitely 'anywhere but Asheville'…"If you don't like these guys' behavior, you have every reason to avoid spending your money on their coffee. But there is no reason in the world to pointedly try…"If the suffering of animals, your own body and the planet are not enough to override your desire for a hamburger, consider karma.""As for politics, I would never name my fellow candidates in an attack or participate in push polls or slates."