- The Asheville Art Museum re-opens with two major exhibitions, Intersections in American Art and Appalachia Now!On Saturday, Oct. 12, The Village Potters Clay Center will celebrate its eight year anniversary with a new exhibit, Women of Influence: Honoring Women Who Shape Us.The Philly contemporary ballet company performs Oct. 11-12 at the Wortham Center.On a bill that includes Angelique Kidjo, The Wood Brothers, Cory Henry & The Funk Apostles and more than 30 other acts, La Santa Cecilia is in keeping with the…The Asheville-based brass/funk/rock band plays an album release show Oct. 11 at Isis.While it’s near impossible to see all the productions our wonderfully artistic town has to offer, this one is essential.The Fairview-based author reads from a revised edition of his memoir "Mayhem in Mayberry" on Oct. 10 at Malaprop's.Asheville-based artist Coco Villa launches her new brand on Oct. 10 at Revolve Studios.
- An interest in health inspired many female owners of local fermented food and beverage businesses.Chef Brian Canipelli is busy with a new Wall Street eatery and South Asheville restaurant. Also: Butcher's Table Dinner returns; Black Bear BBQ hosts a family feast; and more in…
- The U.S. Botanical Safety Laboratory's new gas chromatography equipment and a specially developed testing methodology are poised to bring stability and convenience to Western North Carolina's burgeoning industrial hemp industry.
- The Tryon International Film Festival returns to Polk County, Oct. 11-13.
- In 1928, Dr. Esprenza Weizenblatt arrived to Asheville, by way of Vienna. Her contributions to the community went far beyond her medical practice.Harrah’s Cherokee Casinos launched a new initiative this year that strives to create “50/50 representation of gender equity” across the management ranks at its properties. According to Leeann Bridges, Harrah’s…ASHEVILLE, N.C. WNC Ag CenterAs the Western North Carolina community prepares for its first looks inside the new $400 million Mission Health North Tower, Xpress learned about some of the features of the facility,…ASHEVILLE, N.C.The results of a months-long public input process to gauge perceptions of the tourism industry on Buncombe County will be shared at a free event on Wednesday, Oct. 23. Southern…As she wrapped up her work on the AVL Greater and AVL 5x5 2025 plans in late September, we chatted with futurist Rebecca Ryan about her upcoming encore keynote address…Down from 460 homes in November 2014, only 63 houses listed at less than $200,000 were available for sale in Buncombe County as of July 2019. Median rental costs in…Sen. Chuck Edwards, who represents Henderson, Transylvania and eastern Buncombe counties in N.C. Senate District 48, said he remained firm in his desire to see the city of Asheville take…Nine residents spoke at the Oct. 1 meeting of the Board of Commissioners about the county’s new agreement with residential waste collection contractor Waste Pro, the second consecutive meeting at…
- "I know many of my neighbors have called to share similar concerns. It doesn’t appear any of us are being heard.""They are smart to leave for a more affordable area and will continue to be able to sell at galleries around the country, but Asheville has lost out.""Sourcing more of our food locally would simultaneously boost the region’s economic stability, food security and health."