Michelle McElroy of Bride’s Boutique in Waynesville has an eye for trends when it comes to wedding wear. Here are her tips on what’s in fashion right now:
• The pick-up skirt, which features bunched-look fabric on the gown, has been a favorite for the past year and continues to go strong for 2007.
• Taffeta, a crisp, smooth silk or synthetic fabric, is making a comeback.
• The all-white gown is being upstaged by wedding dresses with touches of color. “This has been popular for a while,” McElroy notes, “and now brides in our area are wanting color in their gowns.”
• For bridesmaids, McElroy is seeing dresses selected in the same color, but with varying styles of tops and skirts. “Different color dresses would attract too much attention to the wedding party, and away from the bride and groom,” she warns.
• For the groom, chocolate-colored tuxedos are big, as are flat-front tuxedo pants.
• “Men are also shying away from bow ties and cummerbunds,” McElroy says. “They’re going with vests and Windsor ties instead.”
To learn more, visit thebridesbouquetnc.com.