Well, I hate to say it, but these summer days are quickly coming to an end. They’re not over yet, though! All the more reason to pack in as much as you can over the next few weeks and take advantage of this warm weather and abundant sunshine. As usual, lots of great things happening, some of them involving beer.
TONIGHT, Thursday, Sept. 11, is the fifth installation of Asheville Rides. As stated on their website, “Asheville Rides are social, easy paced rolling tours designed to showcase interesting aspects of the city with interesting people.” This is a great way to get out and explore your town via bicycle and an opportunity to meet some like-minded individuals. All rides begin at the Asheville Chamber of Commerce building. Meet up around 5:30 p.m., and leave the lot at 6 p.m. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 230-1423. And follow @AshevilleonBike for up-to-the-minute updates.
Saturday is the annual Pints and Pedals Charity Ride presented by Catawba Brewing. As you can imagine, it’s a bike ride … from a brewery — with beer afterward. Proceeds benefit Options Inc. of Burke County, dedicated to putting an end to domestic violence. Pisgah Productions is hosting Pisgah Monster Cross in Brevard. With 70 miles and 11k feet of climbing, it’s a silly hard ride, the kind that might encourage you to rethink why you signed up in the first place. Lots of crying, lots of cramping.
There’s a few things happening over at the UNC Asheville campus. A Bike Education and Commuter Class is being held by the Buncombe BikeEd Network. This will be a great opportunity for anyone who is thinking about commuting to work via bicycle. The class will focus on building confidence and educating commuters on how to stay safe and have fun while riding a bike on the road. There’s also the WNC Run/Walk for Autism 5k happening on campus. There will be a competitive 5k along with a 1k recreational fun run/walk. Proceeds benefit the Autism Society of North Carolina (ASNC).
I challenge you all to get out and conquer this weekend. And I mean dominate it; don’t leave anything on the table! Why wouldn’t you? Have fun, Asheville.
If you have an event or outdoor activity that you would like to see posted, just let us know at email@example.com!
- TONIGHT!! 9/11 — Social Leisure Ride Through Downtown Asheville (p/b Asheville Rides) More Info
- 9/13 — Pints & Pedals Charity Bike Ride (Morganton, NC) More Info
- 9/13 — Pisgah Monster Cross (Brevard, NC) More Info [SOLD OUT]
- 9/13 — Bike Education Confident Commuter Class (UNCA) More Info
- 9/13 — CYMBL Fall Series @ Brevard College (Youth Racing Series) — More Info
- 9/13 — DuPont Forest Trail work day – Three Lakes Trail (Friends of DuPont) — More Info
- 9/13 & 9/14 — SRS Greenville Criteriums (Road Bike Racing in Greenville, SC) More Info
- 9/13 — Liberty Bikes – Saturday Bent Creek MTB Rides Beginner & Intermediate (Every Saturday) More Info
- 9/13 — Blue Ridge Bicycle Club Road Ride (Every Saturday) More Info
- 9/13 — Sycamore Cycles Spin & Grin Road Ride (Every Saturday) More Info
- 9/12 — Asheville Hiking Group – Hike Montreat! (6 miles with views) More Info
- 9/14 — WNC Easy Hikers — Fun in the Water (Vineyard Gap Loop) More Info
- 9/13 — Cashiers Trail Mix 5mile & 3mile Trail/Adventure Race (Cashiers, NC) More Info
- 9/13 — WNC Run/Walk for Autism 5k (UNCA) More Info
- 9/13 — Southcliff Black & Blue Classic 6.5 mile & 2.6 mile (Fairview, NC) More Info
- 9/13 — Asheville Track Club Saturday Group Run (Every Saturday) Contact information: 828-273-8860 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9/13 — Jus’ Running Saturday- Morning Group Run (Every Saturday) More Info
- 9/13 — Asheville Duathlon and 10k Trail Run (Biltmore Estate) More Info