Still trying to decide where to ring in 2016? Here are a few options. For more ideas, revisit last week’s extensive roundup.
• There are two options for celebrating at the Southern Appalachian Brewery in Hendersonville. Ellen Trnka plays blues, Americana and rock with Howie Johnson and Craig Woody from 6 to 8 p.m., followed by blues band Ross Osteen and Crossroads from 9 p.m. to midnight. sabrewery.com
• In true “Auld Lang Syne” style, Lex 18 serves up a New Year’s Eve Sentimental Journey Dinner Show. The restaurant will be decorated in post-Edwardian style, the Shiela Gordon Trio is slated to perform torch songs, and a four-course dinner will be served. 6 p.m. $95-$110 per person (gratuity not included). newyearsevelex18.bpt.me
• Mean Mary and the Contrarys take the stage as part of the Waynesville-based Classic Wineseller’s festivities — a dinner and show. 7-10 p.m. $65 per person (plus beverage, tax and tip). classicwineseller.com
• The New Year’s Eve Hootenanny, now in its fourth year at Oscar Blues, includes “food from the Oskar Blues CHUBwagon, fresh craft brews, killer tunes and more surprises throughout the night,” according to the brewery’s website. The Black Lillies, Town Mountain, Pisgah Pickers and more are on the roster. 7 p.m. $45 day of event. oscarblues.com
• The Social Lounge hosts a masquerade ball for the second year. “The event will be held in true burlesque fashion, so bring your mask and high style in celebration of a fresh new year,” says a press release. The evening includes appetizers and a Champagne toast. $5. socialloungeasheville.com
• The $5 cover for the annual New Year’s Eve dance party, hosted by Asheville FM, benefits the local nonprofit radio station. Plus, the station’s DJs spin tunes all night at DeSoto Lounge. 8 p.m.-2 a.m. ashevillefm.org
• “Are you a disenfranchised loner and think you might stay in? We welcome you,” says the Facebook invite for New Year’s Eve with The Jangling Sparrows, held at Barley’s Taproom & Pizzeria. “Do you wanna kick out with a fun band? This is the place to be,” the band, led by singer-songwriter Paul Edelman, promises. “We’re really going to have fun — no sh*t! And we’ll have a few surprises up our sleeves.” 9 p.m.
• “The Secret B-Sides return to Bywater in search of adventure, glory and the solid-gold baby-making good-times music that started it all,” says the Facebook invite for the party knows as On the Beaches of EARth — aka NYE at The Bywater. “Live music by the Secret B-Sides will be visually accompanied by the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s live jellyfish cam in HD, followed by … all six original Star Wars movies projected on top of each other, at once.” Will all of that actually happen? You’ll only know if you go. 9 p.m. bywater.bar
• You can celebrate a new year by going back in time at the newly opened S&W Cafeteria. There, a ’20s-inspired evening features music from seven-piece New Orleans jazz band Mick Glasgow & the House Hoppers plus prizes, hors d’oeuvres and a Champagne toast. 9 p.m.-1 a.m. $25. swneyparty.eventbrite.com
• If your New Year’s resolution is to rein in the spending, you can start with a free show at Ben’s Tune-Up. “This will be a happy, happy, fun time,” promises local indie-folk band Matt Townsend & the Wonder of the World, which will play two sets including originals and “a heretofore rare event in our shows: covers.” 9 p.m. benstuneup.com
• Head to Hot Springs where the Spring Creek Tavern holds its annual New Year’s Eve Bash. There will be a masquerade party and ball drop, and WilderBeest takes the stage from 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. thespringcreektavern.com
• If you like a theme party, here’s a good one: Banks Ave. (formerly known as Public School) holds a Black & Gold party. “Black and gold attire highly encouraged,” says the Facebook invite. “Be gorgeous. Be fabulous.” DJ Kipper Schauer spins, Rose Hecht Creative provides a photo booth, and there will be a PBR toast at midnight. No cover. 10 p.m.-2 a.m. avl.mx/23b
• R&B band Blood Gypsies promise a soulful start to the new year. They’ll start playing at 10 p.m. at Foggy Mountain Brew Pub. foggymountainavl.com
Find more New Year’s Eve happenings in Calendar and Clubland. — Alli Marshall