Pisgah Brewing Co. events and PR director Benton Wharton says keeping each show a special must-see occasion is largely due to limiting the number of events the outdoor stage hosts each year. This summer’s roster — tickets for which are currently on sale — is no exception.
• Thursday, May 5: Trampled By Turtles and Devil Makes Three (Americana/rockabilly)
• Friday, May 6: Punch Brothers (newgrass/Americana)
• Thursday, June 2: Soja (reggae fusion)
• Friday, June 3: Lake Street Dive (jazz/pop)
• Saturday, June 4: Keller Williams’ Grateful Grass featuring The Infamous Stringdusters (bluegrass-style Grateful Dead covers)
• Tuesday, June 21: Bruce Hornsby and Ricky Skaggs (bluegrass)
• Monday, July 18: Dr. Dog with Floating Action (indie-rock)
• Friday and Saturday, Aug. 5 and 6: Dark Star Orchestra (Grateful Dead covers)
• Friday and Saturday, Aug. 26 and 27: Jam in the Trees. Acts confirmed at press time for the new Americana festival include The Del McCoury Band, MIPSO, Chatham County Line, Tellico, Mark Bumgarner and Unspoken Tradition — E.A.