Pride Week 2017 culminates with the Blue Ridge Pride Festival in Pack Square Park on Saturday, Sept. 30. But on the way to that day-long marathon of outdoor fun, live music and performances, there are plenty of other opportunities to celebrate the local LGBTQ community.
• Wednesday, Sept. 27, 7:30-10:30 p.m. — Comedy night with Jason Scholder, Jeff Messer and others at The Magnetic Theatre, 375 Depot St. $12 advance/$15 at the door. themagnetictheatre.org
• Thursday, Sept. 28, 7-9 p.m. — YO Vaudeville 2017 is Youth OutRight’s fall fundraiser featuring Forty Fingers and a Missing Tooth, The Build, Beer City Sisters, Brian Claflin, Juan Holladay and YO youths with emcee Barbie Angell. Highland Brewing Co., 12 Old Charlotte Highway. $20. youthoutright.org
• Thursday, Sept. 28, 7-10 p.m. — Blue Ridge Pride beer release party at Bhramari Brewing, 101 S. Lexington Ave. This event is also a fundraiser for the Aura Home for Women Veterans. bhramaribrewhouse.com
• Friday, Sept. 29, 6-10:30 p.m. — Screening of The Birdcage starring Robin Williams. Bring a chair or blanket. Pack Square Park, 80 Court Plaza. Free.
• Friday, Sept. 29, 8-10 p.m. — Spoken word and music. Sign up at the event to perform. The Block Off Biltmore, 39 S. Market St. Free. theblockoffbiltmore.com
• Saturday, Sept. 30, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. — Blue Ridge Pride Festival with performances by DJ RexxStep, Wild Bodema, Paper Crowns, Jane Kramer Band, Beer City Sisters, Miss Blue Ridge Pride Drag Show, Calavera, Jeff Thompson Trio, Brie Capone Band, Matt Ryans, Ashley Heath, Jordan Okrend and Cantaria: Asheville Gay Men’s Chorus. There will also be food vendors and a children’s area. Held at Pack Square Park. Free.
• Afterparties take place, following the close of the festival, at O. Henry’s, 237 Haywood St.; Scandals Nightclub, 11 Grove St.; and The Odditorium, 1045 Haywood Rd.
• Sunday, Oct. 1, 5-10 p.m. — Bring a covered dish to the potluck and afterparty at O. Henry’s. ohenrysofasheville.com
Learn more at blueridgepride.org/pride-week-2017