Below are several churches and organizations that give out food and meals in Buncombe and Henderson counties. For a complete county-by-county list, go to mannafoodbanks.org and click on Food Finder, or call 800-820-1109. You can also contact your local department of social and human services for information.
Food pantries/open markets
• Arden Missionary Baptist Church, 2568 Hendersonville Road, Arden, 777-0999, Friday, 9-10 a.m.
• Bounty & Soul Open Market, St. James Episcopal Church, 424 W. State Street, Asheville, 450-9463, Tuesday, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
• The Storehouse of Hendersonville, 627 Seventh Ave., Hendersonville, 692-8300, Wednesday through Friday, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Soup Kitchens/welcome Tables
• Haywood Street Welcome Table, 297 Haywood St., Asheville, 575-2477, three Wednesday seatings for lunch: 10:30 a.m., 11:15 a.m. and noon.
• East Asheville Welcome Table, Groce United Methodist Church, 954 Tunnel Road, Asheville, 298-7647, Thursdays, 5-6:30 p.m.
• Swannanoa Welcome Table, 216 Whitson Ave., Swannanoa, 686-5284, Wednesdays, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
• First Baptist Church, 5 Oak St., Asheville, 252-4781, second, third and fourth Thursdays of the month, noon-1:30 p.m.
• Love’s Kitchen, 312 Fifth Ave., Hendersonville, 693-3493, Thursdays, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.