In 2005, unable to find a spouse for herself, 38-year-old Pamela Anderson held a matrimonial ceremony for her dogs. Happily, it was crashed by Ali G. star Sacha Baron Cohen. But there are other celebs getting married in stylish and memorable ways, proving that the over-30 bride has it going on. (The ages noted, by the way, show how old the stars were on their wedding days.)
• Friends star Courteney Cox (34) married actor David Arquette (27) on June 12, 1999 at San Francisco’s Grace Cathedral. According to rumor, the couple has “a deal’s a deal” inscribed on their wedding bands.
• Actress Sandra Bullock (40) married producer Jesse James (35) on June 16, 2005. They arrived at the ceremony in a red monster truck. The bride wore cowboy boots, and had hand-fashioned her groom’s wedding band out of stainless steel. William Shatner, Christopher Guest and Jamie Lee Curtis attended.
• Victoria’s Secret model Heidi Klum (31) wed pop star Seal (42) on May 10, 2005, on a beach in Mexico. Forty friends and family attended the low-key ceremony. Klum wore a Vera Wang gown and Seal, accompanied by a Hungarian violinist, performed a song he’d written for his bride.
• Actress/singer/fashion designer/eternal romantic Jennifer Lopez (34) and singer Marc Anthony (35) tied the knot on June 5, 2004 at J.Lo’s home. The ceremony took place under tents, and Lopez held a parasol to shield her from the paparazzi, who managed to snap shots anyway.
• Friends star Jennifer Aniston (31) married lead hunk Brad Pitt (36) in a high-profile ceremony on July 29, 2000. The budget was $1 million; Aniston wore a pearl-encrusted gown and Manolo Blahnik sandals; Pitt sported Dior and his attendants dressed in Prada. Oh, and there were fireworks, too.
• Singer/pianist Elton John (58) married longtime partner David Furnish (43) on December 21, 2005. Though John sometimes resides in Atlanta, he and his partner were able to participate in a civil ceremony in England, which now recognizes same-sex unions. The wedding was followed by a lavish $200 million reception.
• Edgy actress Laura Dern (38) and singer/songwriter Ben Harper (36) wed in a small, private ceremony on December 23, 2005. The couple has two children.
• Prince Charles (56) and longtime flame Camilla Parker Bowles (57) finally wed on April 9, 2005, 30 years after their initial romance. Their civil ceremony, held at the Guildhall in Windsor, was met with cheers from a waiting crowd. Bowles wore an oyster-silk basket-weave coat by Valentino, and a striking hat. The Windsor Boys School jazz band performed.
— Alli Marshall