• Until May 3: Unregistered residents may still get themselves on the rolls and vote during One-Stop Early Voting (through 1 p.m., May 3) at the following locations (bring ID with address): Asheville Senior Opportunity Center on Grove Street; Biltmore Square Mall; the Buncombe Election Services Office; Carver Community Center in Black Mountain; Weaverville Town Hall; and the Fairview, Leicester, North Asheville, South Buncombe and West Asheville libraries. Handicapped voters may use curbside Early Voting at Buncombe County Election Services, 189 College St.
• May 1: The Buncombe County Republican Party hosts the final Republican Gubernatorial Candidates Debate before the primary at the YMI Cultural Center, 39 S. Market St. in Asheville, 7 to 9 p.m., preceded by a reception from 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. A panel of community and state leaders, including Errington Thompson and former Buncombe GOP Chairman Bill Fishburne, will question the candidates before opening the meeting to questions from the audience.
• May 1: Republican candidates for Buncombe Board of Commissioners will speak at the Blue Ridge Republican Women’s Club. Dinner is at 6 p.m., and the program will begin at 7 p.m. The event takes place at the Corner Stone Restaurant, 102 Tunnel Road, Asheville.
• May 1: Meet and Greet with U.S. Senate candidate Jim Neal at Asheville Pizza & Brewing Co., 77 Coxe Ave., 6 to 8 p.m. For info, call (919) 544-1136.
• May 1: Hillary Meetup at Atlanta Bread Company on Merrimon Avenue, 7 p.m. For info, contact 684-5281.
• May 2: Rep. Susan Fisher, candidate for N.C. House, hosts a Cinco de Mayo fundraiser from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at Coleman Place, 36 Montford Ave., Suite 302 in Asheville. Authentic Mexican dinner and live music; $25 ($10 for students). Contact email@example.com.
• May 3: Last day for Early Voting with same-day registration (see details above).
• May 4: Buncombe Board of Commissioners candidate Holly Jones hosts a celebration to thank supporters and prepare volunteers for May 6. The party is from 3 to 5 p.m. at French Broad River Park. For info, call 281-4804.
• May 6: Primary election.
This is our final Campaign Calendar before the Primary. See you for the General Election in the fall!