This is the last week to donate to the Give!Local campaign! So far there have been over 290 donations made, with an average donation of $89. The largest donation so far has been for $2,100 and the campaign has made over $26,000 (as of Monday Dec. 21). Thanks to all those who have donated so far — your incentives will be arriving in January!
Speaking of incentives, there are some awesome ones for Give!Local contributors! Take a look:
Give at least $10 and we’ll send you a voucher book in January that includes:
- one free Chai from Chai Pani
- one free small coffee and muffin from Mosaic Cafe
- $10 off a purchase of $20 or more from Patton Avenue Pets
- buy-one-get-one Expresso drink from High Five Coffee
- 15% off one meal from Blue Dream Curry
- buy-one-get-one Salted Carmel from Kilwin’s
- and more!!!
Give $250 or more and get the voucher book plus these extras:
- a pair of tickets to the Fine Arts Theatre
- a voucher for a LaZoom Comedy Tour
- a lunch at one of several downtown Asheville restaurants (such as Roman’s, Chai Pani)
- and more!!!
Give $500 or more and receive the voucher book, the above extras, plus these:
- a $20 gift certificate to Malaprop’s Bookstore
- a dinner at Chai Pani
- and more!!!
Give $1,000 or more and we will personally deliver a gift basket to your home or business (in the Asheville area) containing all of the above, plus:
- One-month free membership at BeerCity Crossfit
- One handmade coffee mug by Mangum Pottery in Weaverville
- a winter seasonal brew from Highland Brewing
- a sample bag of handmade grits from Barkley’s Mill in Weaverville
- a gift certificate from Kilwin’s
- a special gift from Hickory Nut Gap Farm
- and more!!!
Children 12 or under who give at least $5 (with their parents permission of course) get a kiddie scoop from The Hop and are entered to win one of some special kid-oriented prizes like a kids bike from Motion Makers, horse riding lessons from the Equinox Horse Foundation, or a six-month Book-of-the-Month membership from Spellbound Children’s Books.
The Give!Local campaign provides a fun, fast and easy way to give online from $10 to the $1,000’s. Donors can give to as many of the 30 participating nonprofits as they like and pay with one easy credit card transaction. Plus, there are incentives to encourage donations from new givers, people who don’t get tax breaks, and a whole new generation of givers — children!
Want to find out more? Visit givelocalguide.org
100 Frederick Law Olmsted Way, 665-2492, ncarboretum.org. Regular parking fees apply.
• Through SA (1/3) – The Robot Zoo, exhibit featuring giant-size robots and interactive displays to teach biomechanics of animals.
• Through (1/3) – Fine-feathered Friends and Flowers, oil paintings by Mary Webster.
The Center for Craft, Creativity & Design
67 Broadway, 785-1357, craftcreativitydesign.org
• Through SA (1/9) – Made in WNC, textile, furniture, ceramics, and art exhibit exploring how craft, design, and production relate.
• Through SA (1/9) – Tom Shields sculptural arrangements from found furniture.
AUDITIONS & CALL TO ARTISTS
The Magnetic Theatre
• Through SU (2/7) – One act play submissions accepted for the Brief Encounters 2016 series. See website for guidelines. Free.
• Through TH (12/31) – Proceeds from Christmas tree ornament sales benefit Helpmate. Free to attend. Held at Ben’s Tune-Up, 195 Hilliard Ave.
N.C. Arboretum Winter Lights
• Through SA (1/2), 6-10pm – Proceeds from this walking tour of the holiday animated light display benefit N.C. Arboretum programs, exhibits, and facilities year-round. $18/$16 children. Held at N.C. Arboretum, 100 Frederick Law Olmsted Way
CLASSES & EVENTS
Organic Growers School 23rd Annual Spring Conference
(pd.) March 11-13, 2016, UNC Asheville. 70+ sessions per day: practical, affordable, regionally-focused workshops on growing, permaculture, homesteading, and urban farming. Trade show, seed exchange, kid’s program. Organicgrowersschool.org.
FOOD & BEER
The Lord’s Acre
• THURSDAYS, 11:30am – The Fairview Welcome Table provides a community lunch. Free. Held at Fairview Christian Fellowship, 596 Old Us Highway 74, Fairview
44 Merrimon Ave., Suite 1, 28801, 252-0562, ourvoicenc.org
• Ongoing drop-in group for female identified survivors of sexual violence.
Montford Park Players
• Through WE (12/23), 7:30pm – A Christmas Carol. $10. Held at Asheville Masonic Temple, 80 Broadway
Care Partners Foundation
• Through TH (12/24) – Volunteers needed for gift wrap station at Asheville Outlets. Registration required.