Name: Dickie Green
Party affiliation, if any: Republican
Political experience: Info not provided
Endorsements: Asheville Tea PAC
1) How much money have you raised for your campaign?
We are still raising funds.
Who are your top three donors, and how much has each contributed?
I am the major donor and don't know with this short notice who the others are.
2) What most distinguishes you from your opponent?
Open and honest with my Christian values, and I am a constitutionalist.
3) What are the top three law-enforcement priorities in Buncombe County?
• 43.15 percent budget increase (largest in the history of Buncombe County).
• Stop illegal immigration (Section 287(g) program) that results in increased crime.
• Stop politicizing the Sheriff's Department and have qualified personnel with proven skills and abilities.
4) What areas need improvement in the Sheriff's Office?
Do away with traffic radar, and get involved in our communities and know who our citizens are.
5) What are the best ways to deal with drug enforcement?
Citizen involvement, inner law-enforcement communication and developing informants.
6) What steps should the office take to protect against racial profiling?
Sensitivity training (considering others more important than yourself).
7) Given the county's budget crunch, what steps should be taken to save money at the Sheriff's Office?
Zero-base budget, period.
8) What's the best way to deal with criminals coming into Buncombe from other counties?
Get on board with the Section 287(g) immigration in Buncombe County.
9) How would you deal with gang activity?
Eighty-two gangs in Buncombe County (advanced technology and serious field operations).
10) What steps, if any, should be taken, to improve conditions at the Buncombe County Detention Facility?
Five suicides in the last four years; 200 empty beds per day; direct supervision on inmates, and fill the empty beds with federal prisoners.