What is Asheville City Council discussing at its next meeting? What isn’t it discussing might be an easier question to answer.
Traffic islands for Maxwell Street? Bike lanes for other city streets? These questions and more at Tuesday’s City Council meeting. Consider these recent hits and golden oldies:
* Public hearings to consider condominiums, lofts and mixed-use developments on Short Michigan Avenue, Pacoda Street and Ravenscroft Drive.
* The next stage in developments on city-owned property, including a 10-story mixed-use development at Eagle/Market streets and a nine-story hotel on Haywood Street.
* The possible implementation of new bike lanes as the first part of the city’s Comprehensive Bike Plan.
* Traffic-control islands to prevent trucks from using Maxwell Street behind Greenlife Grocery.
* And the consideration of city funding for Pritchard Park performances.
See the complete agenda online, and check out the April 30 issue of Xpress for the nitty-gritty.
— Brian Postelle, staff writer